AzuraTS plate thru processor twice - danger?

Started by DCurry, August 31, 2010, 11:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Anyone know if there is any harm in running an AzuraTS plate thru the processor (really, just a gummer) twice? Sometimes, when my gum is getting old and/or I haven't run a plate in a day or so, I get some gum gunk (spots, streaks) on the plate. It washes off on press with no problem, but I like to give the pressroom clean plates if possible. So, I just run it thru the gummer again.

I would never do this if this wasn't a "chem-free" plate, but I figure all it is doing is adding more gum and brushing away the gunk.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Farabomb

If there is a scrubber roller I'd be slightly concerned but if it truly is just a gum unit it should be fine. If you have one check the plate before and after with a plate densitometer and see if it changes the dot.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

seratne

I've done it many times with the original Azura plates, and haven't seen anything bad creep up.

DCurry

There is a scrubber, but the way the plate works is that the laser fuses the coating to the aluminum in the image area, and the scrubber removes everything that is unfused (non-image area). Haven't seen any problems yet.

Seratne - welcome aboard!
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Santa

Have done it many times for the exact same thing (clean plates) for the last five years....no issues.....your not developing your just re-gumming.

DigiCorn

Not one single problem. Nope. I do it too.

If they haven't already, Agfa should be coming out to replace a part on your C series processor. I guess one somewhere overheated, and now they're paranoid. Never had any issues with mine. Ever!
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

G_Town

Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on September 01, 2010, 02:51:41 PMNot one single problem. Nope. I do it too.

If they haven't already, Agfa should be coming out to replace a part on your C series processor. I guess one somewhere overheated, and now they're paranoid. Never had any issues with mine. Ever!

Ever??

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Santa

beermonster

while in litho prepress and while i used the azura and TS i took the lazy way and didnt run through the processor again - it washes off easily on press as you said and well - do the press boys want me to run the komori's as well :ninja2:
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

gnubler

Quote from: G_Town on September 01, 2010, 03:01:01 PM
Quote from: digital@sig-1.com on September 01, 2010, 02:51:41 PMNot one single problem. Nope. I do it too.

Ever??

Sounds like never ever! Wish everything was like that.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Just had our first TS issue... An exact reprint job from November 2009 came out lighter on press this go around. I had our guy go through our Screen Plate Rite and it all checked out within spec. I cleaned the processor to a pristine state, and changed chemistry to a new lot. Brought the plate back to a linear state and measure all values in 5% increments. It reads perfect.

Turned out we have three possible issues... when the Agfa guys came out to test the new American made plates, they might have changed laser intensity, which affects the baking of the plate. Still, the plate reads perfect when brought to a linear state, so it really can't be that.

We also changed press wash and ink manufacturers. It has to be an issue on press, so the TS still rocks!
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

Quote from: Farabomb on February 09, 2011, 10:13:03 AMEver is a hell of a long time.

I guess not that long. He just had a problem.  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on February 10, 2011, 09:52:37 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on February 09, 2011, 10:13:03 AMEver is a hell of a long time.

I guess not that long. He just had a problem.  :laugh:
It turned out to be a non-problem... Press issue.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway