Avantra imaging problem

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, November 16, 2010, 09:50:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

About a year or 2 ago, we had a similar problem (but not the same) when we were gettiing fine lines in the BLACK AREA ONLY of the film which would stop right at the image..never went through type or graphics but would show up every now and again which was a big pain to opaque out.

We were told this could be a humidity problem and my boss went out and bought a brand new dehumidifier. After about a month the problem dissapeared but we never ran the dehumidifier. Just took it out of the box, never even plugged it in I guess he thought it was running. That problem never came back but we still might consider plugging it in if that helps.

born2print

Hmmmm, I live in a very dry environment, to me a static exposure coming from a humidity issue is LACK of humidity so.... maybe it's a SCSI cable  :cheesy:
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

pspdfppdfxhd

yeah, but when he bought the dehumidifier...he had no clue if it should go up or down. don't let that fool ya.

David

humidity, it can be a good thing, or a bad thing.
You got curly hair?
do you want curly hair?
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

pspdfppdfxhd

Straight, grey disapearing hair above the neck and curly below the neck in other areas.

Hard to say.. wetter or dryer...

Just sayin is all.

David

Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Quote from: Joe on November 16, 2010, 11:25:42 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 16, 2010, 11:15:10 AMA LONG time ago, AGFA told us, "This problem is humidity." We set up a circus tent around the Avantra to help contain the air modifications. Didn't work. It turned out being the LONNNNNG-ASS SCSI cable going from the RIP to the Avantra. It had a short.

I've seen this one too. And the cable on our old ECRM was around $3,000 eight years ago. :shocked:

Guess I should stop stepping on mine huh?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on November 16, 2010, 04:53:50 PM
Quote from: Joe on November 16, 2010, 11:25:42 AM
Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on November 16, 2010, 11:15:10 AMA LONG time ago, AGFA told us, "This problem is humidity." We set up a circus tent around the Avantra to help contain the air modifications. Didn't work. It turned out being the LONNNNNG-ASS SCSI cable going from the RIP to the Avantra. It had a short.

I've seen this one too. And the cable on our old ECRM was around $3,000 eight years ago. :shocked:

Guess I should stop stepping on mine huh?

Nah, that's probably good for it. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Maybe we just need to stroke the cable with some lubrication.

David

I think that's what DSC does, and his works fine, word on the street.
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: david on November 17, 2010, 11:50:45 AMI think that's what DSC does, and his works fine, word on the street.

I don't do that anymore. You shut your mouth! :angry:
Member #285 - Civilian

David

anymore? since when, yesterday?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

Why? Got your tent pole up already?

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job