News:

Main Menu

Old Apogee creep

Started by jimking, November 24, 2010, 08:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimking

Not long ago we purchased a used Apogee system 2.27.11. We registered the system etc. For the first time I have a job that really does not need creep, (40 pager, 80lb text, saddle, nothing close to the trims etc.) but wouldn't hurt. I've worked with the very old Apogee but not this version. I've looked very closely at the workflow but can't seem to locate shingling and creep anywhere. It could be this feature is either locked out or the module is not activated. Anyone have a clue about this?  Thanks jim

EyeTech

Go to the ApogeeX menu and choose Report Basic or Extended. This will give you the licenses that are active in a web browser window.
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

jimking

Thanks EyeTech. Everything read "Ready, Activated" etc. but I don't see any module that mentions creep or shingling.

EyeTech

Do you have an imposition module? (We don't). If you have then I would have thought that creep etc would be taken care of with that module.

'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

DCurry

I'm running Apogee 6 (never used an older version) and yes, it is in the impo module that works with Preps.

Not sure where impo takes place in your workflow, but if you have Preps you could impose there and then feed Apogee an already-imposed flat that has creep built in.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

jimking

Thanks everyone. My experience with Apogee goes back before the X days. I thought the creep feature was in the job ticket. I found the feature in Advanced settings in Preps.