Plate order from Apogee 7

Started by dledbetter, March 29, 2011, 10:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dledbetter

Anyone having any issues with plates plating out of order?

We moved to Apogee 7 and with this lost printdrive (didn't like that from the get go!) we now make plates out of Apogee vs printdrive and the plates come out in random order, should plate sig 1f-1b, 2f-2b, 3f-3b etc... what I am getting is sig 1f-3b, 4f-1b, etc... if I select the sigs one at a time(vs select all) and give them the thumbs up one at a time they will output in order, if I change the collect for output to job they will output in order, but when you use job in the collect for output and you need to remake one plate you have to re-edit the job and change the collect for output to separations or it would plate the entire job wth!?! all I'm am trying to do is use select all, have the plates output in order, and be able to re-image a single plate if needed with out reprocessing or re-editing the job.

Thanks for any input you might have,

-Dan     

David

maybe it's outputting in the order that they RIP in, like smaller files first, etc.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DCurry

I"m on Apogee 6, but it should be pretty much the same. I have it grouped by Separation in the first place. Then, when I need to re-image a plate, I right-click on the plate I need and choose Re-render Separation. When it is done re-rendering, I select the separation and give it the Thumbs Up to proceed making the plate.

As for the output order, I don't usually queue up more than 1 form at a time in case someone comes in with an emergency and needs a plate for another job, so I can't help you there. I'm pretty sure it runs them in the correct order, though.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

dledbetter

David - Yes it renders the flats out of order, always had but with printdrive it was not an issue.

Dan - I have the keep on the render so I can remake a plate. I always send the entire job and I use the rush job feature to interrupt and make a quick job. I'm att: a pic of our basic flow see the 3rd radio button in the collect tab, if they added a 4th one that was (manually when all groups are complete, in order) this would do the trick.   

DCurry

Quote from: dledbetter on March 29, 2011, 01:30:09 PMDan - I have the keep on the render so I can remake a plate.

I'll have to see if I can do that, too, though I think that might be a payable option that we didn't get. I've only been using it for a year and am still trying to understand some of Apogee's terminology and "way of thinking." It's not the most user-friendly workflow to set up and work with (Prinergy, anyone?)
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Farabomb

My prinergy will mix up all the sigs when I send a multiple form job to the CAT as well. I will agree that printdrive had much better control.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

Quote from: Farabomb on March 30, 2011, 07:47:03 AMMy prinergy will mix up all the sigs when I send a multiple form job to the CAT as well. I will agree that printdrive had much better control.

I think that is because the server is a multi-core processor and it processes more than one file at a time. Naturally smaller files will get done first.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

It's not the end of the world, I just sort them at the tiff bucket and release what I need. Simple enough that a pressman can do it.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

dledbetter

You know I seem to get from Agfa that I am the only one complaining about plates out of order and they are baffled that no one else complains about it.

One of the biggest problems I have with this is that we do a large catalog run 3 times a year 200,000 - 600,000 minimum each time. These are time crunch jobs, we run the covers(4-20 versions) and than imprint them, were talking 300 - 700 imprints 1 - 4 spots each. I can't have this come out in just any order it already takes to much time to proof and check all the plates as it is now as is I will have to check off the sigs one at a time to get them in order.

I miss printdrive  :drunk3:   

gnubler

Quote from: Farabomb on March 30, 2011, 09:27:14 AMIt's not the end of the world

Damn, I thought we were close. I was starting to get excited.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

It's not the end of the world yet.

I understand the complaint. When I was running an apogee system through printdrive I could set the order of the plates and run a whole box through and get exactly what I want. Remember, the new workflows make our job eaiser says all the salesmen. Like they have ever done prepress in their life.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

dledbetter

Yeah I'm going backwards instead of forward as far as I'm concerned :wtf:

Farabomb

Yup, thought the same when we got Prinergy. Far more keystrokes to do the same damn thing but it's "progress".

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on March 30, 2011, 09:59:49 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on March 30, 2011, 09:27:14 AMIt's not the end of the world

Damn, I thought we were close. I was starting to get excited.
The ball is rolling. Civil unrest in the muslim world, uncontrollable radiation from Japan, and 2012 is rapidly approaching.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

You forgot to mention peak oil, water wars, and 7 billion humans scampering around. Doomed.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david