Apogee screws up trapping on this file

Started by DCurry, September 12, 2011, 08:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

As I suspected. Thanks for taking the time, everyone!
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

frailer

Good to be aware we've got the same problem. Certainly makes sense that if something traps Flattened, then it should trap Unflattened.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

MisterQ

Agfa just released a HotFix for Apogee Prepress 7.1 that includes a fix from Adobe for your trapping issue. You can read that on the release notes from Agfa on:
http://apogee.agfa.net/contents/KnowledgeBase/Apogee/Prepress/ReleaseNotes/UM_20544923.html

DCurry

Welcome aboard, MisterQ!

Sadly, that hotfix doesn't help me as I am still on version 6. Agfa did respond to this same topic on the Apogee forums and noted that it was fixed in the newer version.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

pspdfppdfxhd

Wonder if Harlequin (with it's built in TrapPro) has any trouble trapping this file.... i can't check it myself cause we're right in the middle of upgrading

pspdfppdfxhd

i tried it on the older version of harlequin (8) with the 3rd party trapping and it worked.

We'll see when we upgrade to version 9 with the TrapPro software built in. I'll keep this aside for testing.

DCurry

pspdfppdfxhd

good question.... i don't think so, I believe they use their own technology. We've only had version 8 for about 3 months now and I'm constantly juggling between flattening/no flattening on tricky jobs (most spot color ones)... the majority of our cmyk jobs have not had issues when flattened. Hopefully version 9 will handle unflattened files better ... version 8 was circa 2007 and we couldn't get the upgrade to 8.3 because we didn't have the service contract or something but version 9 should be here withing a week.