old Apogee PJTF issues

Started by jimking, July 05, 2012, 08:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Sending output to a printer/virtual printer.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

rotarypower3

I've always done it as below in apologee...

Have used.... Linotronic 530/630 │ Hercules50 │ Scitex Dolev 800 │ Scitex PSM 5/6/7 │ BlackMagic │ EFI Colorproof │ Kodak Prinergy  │ Agfa Apogee Prepress  │

Fixing designers junk since '98!

jimking

Its been a while sense my last visit. I never did resolve the issue. I do not have the correct option using Device. Joe, I did find the files that where loaded on the mac before it died and I still don't have the correct configuration I once had, what ever that was. We are currently looking for someone to reconfigure parts of this flow. If anyone knows someone who knows what they are doing and can guarentee their work, we would consider hiring them to fix this flow, pay for flight-hotel-etc.

Joe

Quote from: jimking on July 06, 2012, 08:13:14 AM
Quote from: Joe on July 05, 2012, 10:03:46 AMIt's not under "Device". It's under "Send To".

Thanks for that snapshot joe. Ok with the "send to--print" but the my choice of Device and the path is incorrect. My path (Connection) is to the "Distiller"
I have no idea what those should be.

Quote from: jimking on August 21, 2012, 10:03:58 AMIts been a while sense my last visit. I never did resolve the issue. I do not have the correct option using Device. Joe, I did find the files that where loaded on the mac before it died and I still don't have the correct configuration I once had, what ever that was. We are currently looking for someone to reconfigure parts of this flow. If anyone knows someone who knows what they are doing and can guarentee their work, we would consider hiring them to fix this flow, pay for flight-hotel-etc.

You change "Send to:" from Print to Adobe Job Ticket (which is a .pjtf). Device does not matter. When it asks you to save the file (.pjtf) save it to a location where Apogee can find it. (No charge if that works! :laugh: )

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: jimking on August 21, 2012, 10:03:58 AMIts been a while sense my last visit. I never did resolve the issue. I do not have the correct option using Device. Joe, I did find the files that where loaded on the mac before it died and I still don't have the correct configuration I once had, what ever that was. We are currently looking for someone to reconfigure parts of this flow. If anyone knows someone who knows what they are doing and can guarentee their work, we would consider hiring them to fix this flow, pay for flight-hotel-etc.

Do you have this option Jim?

jimking

Thanks Joe, I'm having some success. I was able to make a pjtf file, however I'm having a few path issues. I'm now fooling with the preferences.

Joe

Path issues in Apogee? I remember using JDF/PJTF with Nexus and it was very picky on the location of the JDF and it's associated marks PDF. It was a setting within Nexus. No idea where they would be in Apogee though.

jimking

Sorry Joe for the delays in response. I'm juggling several jobs.
Not in Apogee but paths in Preps. I'll explain better as soon as I can shake a few jobs.

agonyofcain

I actually came across something to this extent when my PJTFs I made were not recognized by Apogee..   Yet when I put preps on a different computer and made PJTFs and put into apogee then they were recognized.  I opened both PJTFs (the good one and a non recognized one) and saw a difference in text editor.  the good one said %JTF-1.1 at the top while the one that apogee could not read said %PDF-1.3. 

Not sure what that all meant. Not sure what setting changed in Preps to do this.. I looked at both setting on both computers and everything is the same.  WEIRD.

t-pat

seems like you were making pdfs that you thought were pjtfs?
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait