Goodbye, prepress

Started by gnubler, September 21, 2013, 02:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Possum

Family also gives them an out to treat you worse. Gee, I bet holidays are fun.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

The one good thing is he doesn't mention work at family gatherings at all. Probably because he doesn't want me to light him up in front of the family.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Now that particular family gathering would probably end up on YouTube!
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

born2print

farabomb, I wonder if you shouldn't follow Joe's advice and fight fire with fire. Call his ass 3-4 times a day while he's gone...
and I would add you should be out back tuning your Subaru or restoring an old bike or something.
Can't beat 'em so join 'em.
Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

DigiCorn

I concur. This is a marvelous idea.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

The shop back here is shit compared to my shop. My place has 2 lifts, a hunter alignment rack and stocked with at least 2x if not 4x of every snap-on tool I would need.

Back there is just a harbor freight catalog and redneck engineering. Good enough is the mantra here. At my place it's it must be perfect because 100 mph is no joke.

After the initial BS as I was leaving I was left alone. I still felt I needed to check daily just because of how I am. He'll have enough to read when he gets back. If he wants to be a dick then he'll just be back to when I was gone. Except I am not coming back without a signed contract... if I come back.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigitalCrapShoveler

I'm the Prepress manager here and I need a good night-shift person. One who is dependable, can put up with my shit and do the job without me hovering over their back. You want the job, it's yours. You would have to move here, but I would hold it for you since it's my decision.

It pays about $18-20 an hour, you would have some OT on occasion, maybe some weekends depending on the workload. We are the biggest Printshop in OKC and there is stability here. This company I work for is a great company.

I NEED YOU. I will train you personally on the ways here and how we do shit.

Call me if you want to talk about it.
Member #285 - Civilian

DigitalCrapShoveler

Just to be clear... I want to help you. This isn't an offer I would extend to just anyone. We have a lot of shit coming up in the very near future, and I want to get this ball rolling to make sure my department is ready for it.
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

:wtf: I thought the offer was for all of us. I already had my suitcase packed! :tongue:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Quote from: Joe on July 12, 2014, 01:43:08 PM:wtf: I thought the offer was for all of us. I already had my suitcase packed! :tongue:

She isn't responding, I still need someone... Joe, if I could get you down here... where would I end up? Of course, the offer would stand for you. As long as you sign a waiver that you won't try to take my job. :laugh:
Member #285 - Civilian

Joe

I'm pretty happy on 2nd shift away from all of the bullshit so your job would be safe. But damn man, I can't come to Oklahoma. I hear they have tornadoes there. BIG ones! :sarcasm:

Joe

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on July 12, 2014, 10:08:55 PM
Quote from: Joe on July 12, 2014, 01:43:08 PM:wtf: I thought the offer was for all of us. I already had my suitcase packed! :tongue:

She isn't responding, I still need someone... Joe, if I could get you down here... where would I end up? Of course, the offer would stand for you. As long as you sign a waiver that you won't try to take my job. :laugh:

She, I thought you were actually offering it to Farabomb? :laugh:

Syphon

I would hope that there would be a job of working at home fixing photos.
There is so many crappy photos out there, you would think there be a need.
But of course, one would get very tired after a little while of fixing "selfies."
Freelance Designer | Illustrator | Photo Editor
iMac • Mac OSX 10.15 Catalina
Affinity Publisher • Affinity Photo • Affinity Designer
Adobe InDesign • Adobe Photoshop • Adobe Illustrator
Adobe Acrobat

Joe

There is plenty of need. But no one wants to pay for it.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Syphon, maybe you are going about this all wrong. You definitely have an eye for photography and photo enhancements. Why not get a really good portfolio together with your best stuff, and start hitting up magazines and online publications. It only takes one willing to take a shot to get your career off the ground. You are far better than a lot of photographers I have seen making a shitload of cash out here.

Are you a member of any photography clubs? I know of a publication we print here called PSA. It showcases photography from all over the world and some of it is REALLY good, and some of it is REALLY bad. I think you would do well. If you would like, I can get you the information. Joining a community of like minded artists can lead to all sorts of possibilities. Being at the right place and the right time, and knowing JUST the right person... you know what I'm saying.

Have you entered any of your work in any contests? That can also lead to possibilities. You are really good, man. I've been watching your photography flourish over the years... I am blown away by a lot of it. The old hearse image you shot a few years back? One of my favorite images of ALL TIME. I would love to have the original, but you know what? I wouldn't even ask for a copy without paying you for it. Shoot me a price and we'll talk about it... if you're interested.
Member #285 - Civilian