Goodbye, prepress

Started by gnubler, September 21, 2013, 02:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

Shut your mouth, Yuengling is not swill.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Skryber

Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Tracy

start at entry level doing what you love, can't go wrong

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on September 24, 2013, 02:42:16 PMstart at entry level doing what you love, can't go wrong

They have entry level jobs drinking high-end beers? :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Yes, except you pay them...until the money runs out.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on September 24, 2013, 02:55:52 PM
Quote from: Tracy on September 24, 2013, 02:42:16 PMstart at entry level doing what you love, can't go wrong

They have entry level jobs drinking high-end beers? :laugh:
Maybe at a micro-brewery.

Maybe I can schmooze my way in at this one opening up around the corner.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

born2print

liquor store. High upfront capital, but cash cow after that.
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

gnubler

I just updated my resume. It's down to only 6 jobs now.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Mikie

Quote from: gnubler on September 24, 2013, 04:12:38 PMI just updated my resume. It's down to only 6 jobs now.

gimme! I will offer you a job :p  pupdog2@gmail.com

frailer

Quote from: born2print on September 24, 2013, 04:06:05 PMliquor store. High upfront capital, CCTV, other anti-theft/holdup measures, but cash cow after that.

...  just thought I'd add those in. Why is it that Liquor stores seem to be prone to robbery? Late night hours + expensive/drinkable stock, I guess.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Farabomb

Quote from: Skryber on September 24, 2013, 01:48:43 PMBorderline.

I will give you that.

At least it's not bud. I've given up on Goose Island now that AB bought them.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Hey all,

Well, I got partially out. I accepted a job offer today that involves graphics & prepress but is not within any type of printing company whatsoever. The nature of the business is pretty secure, so I'm happy about that. My days of Pooplisher & low-res JPGs are over! I hope Joe will still let me in the forum even if I'm not prepress anymore. I see no reason why I still can't complain about printing forever, plus I'll be open to beer swaps again soon!

The job is only p/t so I'll only be checking in here when I'm NOT at work.  :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on October 15, 2013, 09:10:08 PMHey all,

Well, I got partially out. I accepted a job offer today that involves graphics & prepress but is not within any type of printing company whatsoever. The nature of the business is pretty secure, so I'm happy about that. My days of Pooplisher & low-res JPGs are over! I hope Joe will still let me in the forum even if I'm not prepress anymore. I see no reason why I still can't complain about printing forever, plus I'll be open to beer swaps again soon!

The job is only p/t so I'll only be checking in here when I'm NOT at work.  :laugh:

Are you drunk? :laugh:

gnubler

I wish. Let's just say I'm doing prepressy things without having to set foot in another filthy printshop. Let Vistaprint have all the fun.  :death:

So am I banned or not??? I am NOT in sales, so don't even go there.

Joe

You are still able to post I see so I guess the answer would be no?

It has been a long time since I have banned anyone.