Goodbye, prepress

Started by gnubler, September 21, 2013, 02:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

I found 2 printing-related jobs in my local classifieds and just out of curiousity checked out both companies online. One of them uses PAPYRUS in their logo. WTF? I wonder how many graphics/prepress people have gone there looking for work, and upon seeing the logo on the building just turned around and left.  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Possum

Yeah, but you could be the one who straightens them out.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

Walking into a prospective employer and saying their logo is shit probably won't make the best first impression.

But if you do I want video of it.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Personally, I couldn't have genuine pride in working for a printing company that purposely uses Papyrus in their logo. It almost seems comical. I'm tempted to email their prepress dept and ask them about it.  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

And you'll get a response with comic sans.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

Plan A: Got in on office Powerball pool
:fingers crossed:
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

DigiCorn

Quote from: born2print on October 23, 2013, 03:18:42 PMPlan A: Got in on office Powerball pool
I've been investing in beer, but I keep drinking the profits.  :drunk3:
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: born2print on October 23, 2013, 03:18:42 PMPlan A: Got in on office Powerball pool

That is my main retirement plan right now. They keep selling my ticket to other people though.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Oh, Born!  :whip:

Lottery tickets: voluntary taxation of the stupid.  :cry:

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on October 23, 2013, 03:33:44 PMOh, Born!  :whip:

Lottery tickets: voluntary taxation of the stupid.  :cry:

You're such a sweetheart. :tongue:

born2print

I hear ya, usually do not play, but when it gets to triple digit millions and everyone at work is in a pool...
well, I just can't be the guy that is stuck dealing with a shop that lost half it's employees overnight.
Nawlmean?

Tracy

You would need therapy if that happened :laugh:

gnubler

I'm surprised business owners even allow such a thing to take place at work. You're right...within a few days the company would have zero employees.  :laugh:

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on October 23, 2013, 04:39:57 PMI'm surprised business owners even allow such a thing to take place at work. You're right...within a few days the company would have zero employees.  :laugh:

I think the odds are in favor of that not happening. :laugh:

born2print

we kinda keep it on the DL too
 :ninja: