Goodbye, prepress

Started by gnubler, September 21, 2013, 02:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farabomb

One of the Shoprite's here does the quarter thing. I'm now getting scared from some of the stories. I'm going to check a circular and see how they compare to pricechopper.

I don't have any CC, only a debit card. Somehow not having credit is bad yet it shows you live within your means. Guess that's not the american way anymore.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

Quote from: Farabomb on November 22, 2013, 12:21:49 PMOne of the Shoprite's here does the quarter thing. I'm now getting scared from some of the stories. I'm going to check a circular and see how they compare to pricechopper.

I don't have any CC, only a debit card. Somehow not having credit is bad yet it shows you live within your means. Guess that's not the american way anymore.
You mean carrying revolving balances that add up to around 2 years take-home at 23% interest to consume mass quantities of cheap Chinese junk?
Yes. That is the Merkin way.  :homer:
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Possum

All right, I think Gnub's moonlighting with an ad agency. Now there's another TV commercial featuring attack squirrels. This one's from Direct TV, I think.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

born2print

Squirrels are hot, unless there's beavers around.

Joe

Quote from: born2print on November 26, 2013, 01:36:53 PMSquirrels are hot, unless there's beavers around.

justin beaver?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

sure. Anyone but Jerry Mathers  :puke:

DigiCorn

Quote from: Possum on November 26, 2013, 01:28:40 PMAll right, I think Gnub's moonlighting with an ad agency. Now there's another TV commercial featuring attack squirrels. This one's from Direct TV, I think.
Speaking of which, WTF is up with DirecTv ads lately... I saw two last night, and I couldn't tell what was going on, they were so muddled and unclear; I thought one was actually an ad for Comcast.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Possum

I get a kick out of the Verizon(?) ads featuring James Earl Jones and Malcolm McDowell speaking teenage Facebook-ese.

born2print

Quote from: Possum on November 26, 2013, 02:11:48 PMI get a kick out of the Verizon(?) ads featuring James Earl Jones and Malcolm McDowell speaking teenage Facebook-ese.
For sure! I don't FB but those are awesome. Especially when JEJ is silent and stone-faced at the last friend request, classic  :laugh:

Farabomb

Quote from: DigiCorn on November 26, 2013, 02:07:16 PM
Quote from: Possum on November 26, 2013, 01:28:40 PMAll right, I think Gnub's moonlighting with an ad agency. Now there's another TV commercial featuring attack squirrels. This one's from Direct TV, I think.
Speaking of which, WTF is up with DirecTv ads lately... I saw two last night, and I couldn't tell what was going on, they were so muddled and unclear; I thought one was actually an ad for Comcast.

How many beers deep were you?
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on November 26, 2013, 02:56:26 PM
Quote from: DigiCorn on November 26, 2013, 02:07:16 PM

How many beers deep were you?
Always, "just two beers." At least that's what you tell the Cops.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

You guys watch ads? On purpose? :yawn:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Some ads are better than half the crap on TV.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

gnubler

Soooo...then...don't watch it?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Possum

But it's fun to see all those guys tell the cops they've only had two beers.