Xeikon Indigo toner press Iso standards

Started by danydany, May 12, 2018, 02:29:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danydany

:hello:  Hello everyone,is there any ISO standards for digital press using toners like Indigo or Xeikon? If not what standards you guys use to calibrate them for color reproduction?Anything is better then nothing. Thanks in advance .. ;)

motormount

Indigos don't use toners - don't know about Xeikon.

I don't know how they call their ''inks'' but they are liquid, water-like not offset ink-like.

I also don't know if calibration is the right word, but i believe that they must conform to the ''ordinary'' ISO stantards ( FOGRA - gracol swop etc ) depending on the continent and the customers of the printer ( in Europe that is FOGRA39 or usually iso coated v2 300 )

Diddler

Quote from: danydany on May 12, 2018, 02:29:02 AM:hello:  Hello everyone,is there any ISO standards for digital press using toners like Indigo or Xeikon? If not what standards you guys use to calibrate them for color reproduction?Anything is better then nothing. Thanks in advance .. ;)

Hey Danydany
Perhaps the PDF attached may help.
I generally make the operator run about 30 sheets, I take the last 5 and measure them, average your results. Adjust etc,
depending on how the machine is maintained will depend on how many times a day you will need to do this.

Good luck.

You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

danydany

Thanks alot guys but i think i didnt explain clear,ok,i could be tottaly wrong but ill say what infos i have.
Hp indigo use toners and they add some oil to make it liquid claiming this way they can use smaller particle dust,they call it 'elecroink' or something,Xeikon use same toners in powder form.Now,becouse of totally different pigments then other 'inks' i assume that there are no iso standards for toner printing presses,or i couldnt find anything on web.Ofc you can fallow fogra/gracol depending on region you are but gamut for toner is different imao,So question is,are there any known ISO standards for this type of presses that use toners?.Or just going with Fogra/Gracol your automatic printing correct.Keep in mind that all those was made for different machines with different type of ink.I try to be more clear this time around :) .Ofc there is a posibility i just chase my tail here,if thats so then let me know :wink:  ,Thanks