Are you only doing prepress at work? Or...?

Started by Made in Taiwan, September 18, 2014, 02:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Possum

Just be sure to save all the bitching for when you're at home. Never with co-workers even after work. You never know who might be a secret tattletale. It's a good rule at any job, but with gov't jobs, even more so.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

Very good advice.

Working for family makes this... interesting.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Possum

Not a thing to talk about around the Thanksgiving table, then, huh?
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

born2print

Those days are gone forever
I should just let them go but...

Slappy

Quote from: DigiCorn on September 20, 2015, 11:14:04 PMI just used all the shit I "technically" did to secure a State job... Looks like I'm going to get it too. Here's the really fucking sad part... I'll be auditing alcohol and drug clinics and making sure they spend money where they say they're spending money... and to start, I'll be making about $10k more a year.... and within a year's time I'll be making close to $22k more a year than I did in prepress... with full benefits (I've never had that before). Fucking A.

Kickass! Always good to see another one leave The Fold, and not on even a stretcher.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Farabomb

Quote from: Possum on September 21, 2015, 03:17:09 PMNot a thing to talk about around the Thanksgiving table, then, huh?

There is the advantage that his memory is so short that he forgets about work before he leaves the lot. I do bitch about him but he and I can really separate work and family. We've never had a work issue outside the shop. Any outside the shop issues are totally family related. Hell, I go on vacation at least 2x a year with him and his family. His wife and I just use the time to poke him with a stick.

Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on September 21, 2015, 06:19:00 AMGood luck man. I hope it works out very well for you, you deserve it.

Also realize that state jobs aren't as rosy as they appear to be. There is a lot of bullshit politics so make sure you keep the right friends.
2nd interview is tomorrow. The guy that called me to set it up was a guy I played on the HS volleyball team with in 1988. I know it was being recorded/monitored so it was hard to not crack up on the phone while he was acting all professional. The team interviewing me also includes and second, different guy I went to high school with. The crazy thing is, high school was over 25 years ago for me, and over 160 miles away. Based on the info I was provided with as an insider, I have a 50% chance of securing the job so long as I don't fuck up the 2nd interview.

On the 1st, I was so nervous, I actually was stupid enough to arrive an hour early, and go to a nearby bar and have a few drinks before the interview (no joke). Luckily, I made it through.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Ear

You played volleyball in high school? :rotf: :lipsrsealed:
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

I hung out under the stairwell smoking ciggys...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

I was drum line too. And Bass. But I drew the line at cheerleading and volleyball.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

Yeah, you'd end up with VD on your hand if you were a cheerleader.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Ear

Farabomb

Or you'd get the job of collecting the class rings after they did the splits.

—Benjamin Franklin

My other job