News:

Main Menu

G7

Started by danydany, July 31, 2018, 08:46:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danydany

Hi,i want to make some testing with G7 curves on Xeikon press,similar Indigo btw,i did look around on web for different info but i didnt found stuff to put toghether,G7 grey curves wold be a good start,can anyone provide some guidance/infos? thanks. :wink:

Ear

Quote from: danydany on July 31, 2018, 08:46:29 AM...can anyone provide some guidance/infos? thanks. :wink:

First lesson:

Grammar makes a good impression.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

pspdfppdfxhd

Sher wood help if tha grammer was better. It wood. :drunk3:

born2print

How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

ninjaPB_43

Quote from: Ear on August 01, 2018, 12:43:19 PMFirst lesson:

Grammar makes a good impression.

ESL...

:ninja:
People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

danydany

:police:  Youre right,my native language is greek,so yes grammar is an issue :-[

danydany

Anyway.i was hoping for some lab value data sheets of some of the tests available and some walk trough from someone who did this before,like i said ,just testing right now,so not willing to invest something yet,im in Europe so G7 is not first think people ask for here

danydany

Starting with solid densitis for example,with ink sequence YCMK so yellow first on paper,manufacturer Xeikon say on coated paper 1.3 Y   1.4C   1.4M  and 1.8 BK,but lab value translated from G7 charts Come up with 1.1 Y   1.40C  1.50M  1.7 K  and so on... :deadhorse:

Joe

Quote from: danydany on August 02, 2018, 08:22:25 AM:police:  Youre right,my native language is greek,so yes grammar is an issue :-[

Pay no attention to them. Prepress can be a boring subject. We try lighten the mood here. Acting like a bunch of 12 years does that.

Welcome to the forum.

Here is a link to the downloads section of the site born2print posted earlier in this thread.

IDEAlliance public downloads
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

AaronH

Welcome to the forum danydany! I was able to find this article on Xeikon's site.

https://www.xeikon.com/en/blog/labels/xeikon-partners-alwan-enhance-color-services-g7r-color-matching

There is a link to a video about using color matching at the end of the article. I'm not too sure if it would be similar, but the Xerox press we have at my shop has a built in Calibration Software that will calibrate to a variety of standards, G7 included, using the In-Line-Spectrophotometer or the Eye-One Pro2 the Xerox server box that came with it. If you've calibrated an epson or other large format proofer, the process is pretty similar: print patches, measure patches, check if your average and max dE is in spec for G7 and if it is then you approve your calibration and apply it's created ICC profile to your press.

Hopefully that helps.
Mac & Windows | XMF | Fiery | Oris

danydany

Thanks guys ;) ,calibrated the press, ISO v2  profile ,and for npdc curves just the G7 midtones  on dot gain/tvi tab,no obvious differnce.
Any thoughts? :cane:

mc hristel

Hopefully you know what the midtone range for G7 should be (which I believe is what you were asking about at the start of this topic). As long as your numbers are within that expected range I wouldn't be worried about seeing no change.

[font=Helvetica, "Helvetica Neue", "Liberation Sans", Arial, sans-serif]Remember G7 is still just a standard for color matching, so the numbers are likely going to be in line with other color standards that are in use. It's not some magic system that makes all your work come out colorful and happy (sadly).  :cry:

[/font][/size][/color] 

danydany

Correct,thats what i was asking about and right again that G7 is probably just another way to skin the cat :-\  ,testing was not the full process,was just on midtones tvi/dotgain where was easy to see any changes