News:

Main Menu

PitStop 12

Started by DigiCorn, June 02, 2014, 08:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I don't have 9 to test it on but it works in X and XI for me. Try closing out all of your non-system fonts and see if that helps. I've seen weird/bad fonts create all kinds of havoc.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

nope - cleared all caches, turned off all fonts, rebooted, and same issue.

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

abc

I will give support a little push, but you probably already know it's not recommended to run multiple versions of Acrobat. i know people do it, but it's not recommended and nobody will be testing for it at Adobe or Enfocus for that matter.

Did you upgrade all 3 PitStop versions to version 12?

Can you check in the Acrobat packages, look in the plugins folder to make sure you don't have any old versions of PitStop running around?

Maybe start with PitStop 12 in one copy of Acrobat and see if that works?

Farabomb

Maybe that's why I'm not having an issue. I only have 12 on X for testing reasons. I still have ver7 installed on 9 in case I have to fall back.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Due to some old software that we HAVE to run, I have to have older versions installed and running, and some of this software cannot be upgraded. I have completely removed Pitstop (all versions) from all versions of Acrobat, and have ONLY installed it to X1. I am trying to set up a TeamViewer session for later today (awaiting a reply to my email)
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Got it working.

Basically, it was remove the previous installation, and the preferences. Then remove the Fusion Pro and Blocks plugins. Then restart. Then reinstall. Then re-add the Blocks and Fusion Pro plugins back to the plugins folder. They will all play nice, if you install Pitstop first, and then the other stuff.

Thanks to Jeffrey over at Enfocus who never gave up (but who I suspect was ready to give up) after an hour on TeamViewer.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

abc

Jeffreys a great support guy. I passed the thread onto his boss and made sure she saw it.

Glad it all got sorted.

DigiCorn

Quote from: abc on June 05, 2014, 07:53:13 AMJeffreys a great support guy. I passed the thread onto his boss and made sure she saw it.

Glad it all got sorted.
That's cool. He was awesome.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

I will say I've gotten nothing but the best service from Enfocus. I've had issues with pitstop loosing it's serial a few times. Yes I'm lazy at times (and all the shop's software is stored at my house) and I didn't have a copy. I send an email and when I walk in the next day I have the issue resolved.

Now some of the resellers are another story. I downloaded the trial and next thing I know I have someone pestering me about it. At the time I didn't even install it, we were swamped. Still seemed like every other day I'd get another email. To the point where I was getting pissed. I understand you want to sell and make some $$ but after the 3rd time I explain I'll let you know wen I get a chance to test it and you keep sending shit...

That's why I'm going with a known good guy that posts here from time to time.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Tracy

I'm sure I'm only using a small percentage of what it can do
but I'm really impressed with the way you can edit images, drop shadows etc...

abc

A lot of people are liking the group/ungroup and the new sizing/rotating options.

personally I think the align is pretty cool as well. Did you get a copy of the training webinar we did?

Tracy

Yes I went thru some of it, I think the actions one
there may be 1 that's not available anymore, I will look into it again tho.
Thanks!

oh and I never seem to have the need to rotate or group anything, probably my skill level tho
I can see where the align may come in handy