repeating image in pdf

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, October 24, 2019, 07:40:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

Dumb question:

Could there be any way in pitstop to edit one image, in say a 150 page pdf  and update on every page. (it's repeating).

It's a merged variable letter done in Word and the signature has a background tint making it look like a gray box behind it. I doubt it cause it's not a link.

OR, is there anyway to do it in Word before making the pdf?

Joe

If it applies to your PDF...you can create an action to select images by size or resolution and then apply a curve to remove the background but it would depend on if it can select those images based on size or resolution. The size part is kind of limited as you can only select size by image width or height being a certain number of pixels which may work or may not depending on other images in the document. There may be other selection criteria you can use to only select those images. Hard to tell without seeing the PDF.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

pspdfppdfxhd

Joe, you're going to make me look smart.....again!

:laugh:

pspdfppdfxhd

That's a good one to know, I see possibilities for similar scenarios.

Joe

Pitstop has a lot of these possibilities built in. It is the Swiss Army Knife of prepress!

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes, I can see that now. Only took 15 years to figure out that "I TOO" can make action lists.

Joe

So...were you able to get the images adjusted in one shot?

pspdfppdfxhd

Yes, worked like a charm, selected images over 100dpi (there was only one signature @ 300 dpi), cut back the curve in  the low end around 4% and ran it on the whole pdf.

jwheeler

This is a good one for me to keep in mind. A work around I have used before is to make a "Substitute Color" in the Fiery. This only works if the background around the signature is a solid color. You ID the CMYK values, and tell Fiery to substitute with 0/0/0/0. Just make sure you have the "Substitute Colors" box checked in the "Colors" tab of the job properties. This trick works when customers send you an all black file and want it printed in red or blue and you only have a digital press.

Tracy

Hey! cool that it worked!
I have been always meaning to try and select by coordinates seen it in the webinar, but haven't been forced to do it yet

pspdfppdfxhd

Interesting, select by coordinates, that could come in handy as well someday.

Joe

I was trying to find a "Select by" an area or coordinates but couldn't find it. They must be calling it something else.

Tracy

This might be it, not sure
Why are my screenshots so large? sheesh!

Joe

Because you have a 5K display (iMac).

Joe

Yeah I think that is it. I searched for every term I could think of. Never came to me to try "region". ;D