Getting violet instead of blue from HP designjet 5000

Started by Scooter, March 06, 2008, 10:04:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooter

Does anyone have the experience with this problem?  It seemed to happen right after I installed a new Magenta print head.  I calibrated, and changed my settings, but it doesn't seem to make a difference in the final proof.  It might be over riding whatever I put in there @ the rip.  Don't know what to do next.  It's driving the pressman (and customers) nuts!

I'm using a MAC with OSX.  Can't seem to get into any profile adjustment area at all.  Thoughts?  Is there an adjustment at the proofer itself?  HELP!!

delooch

I dont have an HP designjet, but my canon CLC gives you violet instead of blue when you are printing RGB in a CMYK colorspace.  Being how its just a print head change, its probably not it. do you need to recalibrate color when you swap out heads??

I also have to re-calibrate the color:

a) weekly, needed or not
b) whenever service is done to the imaging system
c) when the wind changes direction

Scooter

Well...Heidelberg says we should do a new calibration.  There's just too many color profiles to deal with around here!  One for Acrobat, one for Indesign, one for the proofer.  No wonder there's problems.  Depending on what profile you use to view a PDF can change the color dramatically!  I even got dif screen values on my plates.  Not good.  Thanks for the reply!

Vee

You need to linearize the HP via Color Proof Pro.
It's very easy.

Vee
It's not the job that's so bad.. it's your attitude.

GO RED SOX!!

Scooter

Thanks for the advice.  I was able to do a calibration and it seemed to help.  Turns out that there hadn't been one done in about 6 YEARS!  All good now, getting the best colors ever!

Thanks!