what paper do you use for high quality inkjets?

Started by kermit, September 10, 2007, 09:22:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kermit

Thanks Vee.

Numbers look great and Delta E less than 1 is superb. Only 2007 Color Assurance Certification is a little fishy to me as I received my own (when I sent my proof to be tested at IPA this year) and I have actual numbers on them, not just pass/fail grade. Do you like this paper?
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

Vee

The proofing paper I have in stock is not the "EZ" paper. I haven't got to that yet.

But the predecessor I'm using is great. Yes. I like it.
Very consistent and clean. No complaints here.
It's not the job that's so bad.. it's your attitude.

GO RED SOX!!

kermit

What kind of inkjet(s) do you use with your Meta Vee?

GO RED SOX!
Rampage JVX, gmg DotProof, Harlequin, Isis, Preps, Pitstop, Full-auto Screen CTP, FinalProof, Epson 98, 48, Hp Z2100, HP 5500 SpinJet, HP 1050c, MassTransit, Rumpus, CommunigatePro, presses

Vee

Quote from: staten on September 12, 2007, 07:38:59 AMWhat kind of inkjet(s) do you use with your Meta Vee?

GO RED SOX!

That's what I'm talking about!! One more time, lets go!! We were losing like 8-1 last night - came back to win it 16-10!
That's good stuff.

Inkjet - We use HP's. Have a 5500 & HP10
My Heidelberg guy is coming to take me out Thursday-Friday and talk about a new HP-Z this week.
They've been good to me overall. And they are fast IMO.

GO RED SOX!!

kermit

Epson just released 880 printers. They are not faster than Z but take a look at them also. My biggest problem with Epson is head clogging. I just hate Epsons! I can only sleep because gmg has build in auto head cleaning (important if you use Epsons) and you can turn on cleaning after defined number of prints. Somehow gmg has nothing like that for Z printers. I wonder why?
D.

Vee

LOL.. Yea, maybe they don't need it!
I wonder if the 880's will fix the clogging issues??

GO RED SOX!!

frailer

We're still chugging away with an Epson 7600, and I have to say I gotta religiously do nozzle test strips. Our environment's a bit variable, which doesn't help. Guess they've all got their Achilles Heels. Can't fault on reliabilty/quality of print, though.

We use a stock going by the name Mitsubishi Imperial Satin. we just calibrated Fuji's CoRes screening at 300 lpi, and the magenta/cyan cast of the proofing paper didn't help. We may be testing something different, but not rushing into it yet.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.