Fuji Luxel Final Proof 5600 - Issues

Started by Foozball, February 24, 2009, 11:14:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Foozball

I know this is a long-shot, but here goes:
We are having issues with our Fuji Film Luxel Final Proofer 5600.
Once a job has been queued, it throws up a "Vacuum error" with the receiver. This is despite the receiver being loaded, cut and positioned on the drum CORRECTLY!
Once I clear this error, and re-queue the job it works fine! But it seems to "require" me to waste the first piece of receiver, kind of like a "sacrifice to the gods of Pre-Press", which is REALLY pissing me off!

We had the Fuji Tech out here last week, and he got it all to work fine, but since then it has "thrown" a piece of receiver for EVERY job it has produced! So, of-course, the boss is eager to NOT have to pay for him to visit us again, and charge us for another "service call", even though he was pretty good about the last visit.

Anyone encountered this before or have any advice?? :death:

Skryber

Check your hoses. Make sure no holes or kinks. I would call Fuji and tell them the problem wasn't quite fixed. I wonder if there is a sensor gone wrong. What is the exact error? You have a code number?
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Foozball

Quote from: Skryber on February 24, 2009, 11:23:12 AMCheck your hoses. Make sure no holes or kinks. I would call Fuji and tell them the problem wasn't quite fixed. I wonder if there is a sensor gone wrong. What is the exact error? You have a code number?
Already calibrated the sensor last week, after i had 3 different machines go down at once!
(I threw a fit that would make DCS proud and was then "left alone" for the rest of the day!!) :blowup:

Hoses are all good (I will check them again though :wink: ), it's the fact that it ALWAYS does this on the first use of the day that made me wonder if anyone else encountered this "quirk"!

Skryber

Oh! I misunderstood. I thought you wasted one for every proof. Haven't seen that before.  :sad:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

G_Town

Yea me either,  it can be finicky after you load fresh materials but once I get it running I have no issues.  I do ocassionally get a vacuum error that will require me to shut the machine off and back on to clear it but this is rare.