Epson stops in its tracks...

Started by frailer, February 21, 2010, 08:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

That little orange dot should be green if the printer is up and functioning correctly.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Chilbear

Have you tried the obvious - turn off/on the printer and restart the Mini? USB connections are voodoo - I still prefer Ethernet.

Joe

Quote from: Chilbear on February 25, 2010, 05:45:49 PMHave you tried the obvious - turn off/on the printer and restart the Mini? USB connections are voodoo - I still prefer Ethernet.

Agreed.

tapdn

We run our Epson off USB connection, no problem- usually. As Childbear says, sometimes have to do a restart for some reason to re-establish connection.
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

frailer

Always the stupidest thing.  Someone broke in last night and clicked the Pause/Idle radio button in Black Magic Output.

I managed to get him on security camera.    :laugh:  Well, OK, musta been me...   :embarrassed:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!

tapdn

I worked on our large format HP for three days once trying to figure out why everything was coming out black and white until a co worker ask "is it supposed to set on black and white here in this menu?" :embarrassed:
usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

frailer

Your current little pithy by-line in your profile says it all, Joe.    :laugh:

impodave

Man, break-ins are rampant world-wide ..... ;)

<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

frailer

Quote from: impodave on February 26, 2010, 05:17:23 AMMan, break-ins are rampant world-wide ..... ;)

:shhh:

...sorry impodave, just managed to 'edit' you instead of quoting you.    :laugh:

frailer

This is not a desperate plea...I'm pursuing cheap options. USB's working fine, but...the ethernet NIC for the 7600 has the Epson Code: C82391. This is printed in white on the green board surface, towards the rear right. Someone may have one on the shelf. I'll pay freight at Steam Packet rate. This is only if you have one that's likely to be binned in the next cleanup...but ya never know.

My Epson guy has a test one he uses, and I can borrow it for testing, just a matter of when I can get out there to pick it up. If I diagnose the card as suss, I'll chase one on ebay.

Joe

I'll check. I took the network card out of our Epson 7000 we disposed of about a month ago. I won't be in until 3:30 pm Tuesday USA time. You are welcome to it if the numbers match.

frailer

3:30 PM Tuesday USA time suits perfectly!   :grin:  Reckon there's a good chance, as there's only 2 types for around those series Epsons...so 50% chance.   :laugh:  Assuming that's the mix...in the first place.   :undecided:

Thanks Joe, shall see.

Joe