Epson 7900 with built-in management ....

Started by impodave, February 26, 2010, 05:14:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

impodave

Anyone running an Epson 7900 with built-in management ??? We are considering an upgrade because our software was stolen in a burglary two weeks ago, and was never recovered, and the boss figures that he might as well purchase one with built in CM, plus the 7800 is real slow running with our new XMF flow ...
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

Grimace

I'm also considering an Epson 7880/7900 for proofing from XMF.
I was wondering how much of the time lag is the RIP vs Epson....
I am having a bit of a hard time getting straight answers from Fuji, which is frustrating, considering we will probably buy their recommendation.
If you have any new info, I'd be glad to know what you found out.

DigiCorn

We are NOT running XMF, but we do have a color managed 7880 through EFI and Rampage, and it's pretty fast. 10 minutes from drop in Rampage to finished proof per 25 x 19 layout.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

impodave

Ok, now that a week or two have passed, after making some changes to the EFI workflows, it appears proofing everything is now in working order to my satisfaction with the exception of proofing when spot colors are involved  ...in that realm it is REAL slow. It may have nothing to do with XMF , may be more of an EFI issue, need to devote more time to that, whenever I can find some ......
<<<<<< Here's my Grandkids once again -- they're growing up way too fast !!    Fuji XMF V6.8.2 Complete, Mac OS, Adobe Creative Suite, Epson 7900/EFI XF V4.0, Fuji Dart 4300E, Komori L528 5 color, Komori L429P 4 color,  Heidelberg PM46 2 color, Ricoh, Kyocera, Xante Impressia and a shop full of finishing stuff ...

Grimace

Quote from: impodave on March 17, 2010, 03:42:18 PMOk, now that a week or two have passed, after making some changes to the EFI workflows, it appears proofing everything is now in working order to my satisfaction with the exception of proofing when spot colors are involved  ...in that realm it is REAL slow. It may have nothing to do with XMF , may be more of an EFI issue, need to devote more time to that, whenever I can find some ......

Hmm, wonder why Spot would be slower...
You may be able to speed up your proofs by changing your spots to CMYK just for proofing purposes.