Spinjet Part2

Started by whoami, November 01, 2007, 04:54:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whoami

Anyone know if it is possible to have spinflow tell the HP it's driving to load a sheet not a roll.  I was doing some testing on some thick stock that can't be loaded as a roll.  Everytime I try running it through spinflow the HP says to load a roll for current job.  Any ideas?  I can't find anything in spinflow that gives me the option for running a sheet. 

hagar_uk

Quote from: whoami on November 01, 2007, 04:54:24 PMAnyone know if it is possible to have spinflow tell the HP it's driving to load a sheet not a roll.  I was doing some testing on some thick stock that can't be loaded as a roll.  Everytime I try running it through spinflow the HP says to load a roll for current job.  Any ideas?  I can't find anything in spinflow that gives me the option for running a sheet. 

Not sure which spinjet you have but the HP1050/5X00 and Other Hp turning units version are pretty basic in how they work. The spinflow software does not control the turning unit at all.  The turning unit is simply programmed to do specific function based on messages which are returned from the HP LPT port.  This controlled from the firmware on the Unit rather than the software driving which is just sending standard RTL jobs down.

whoami

Well here is our problem...   We usually send things to our other HP 1055 (without a spinjet attached) using Nexus.  Unfortunately there seems to be something wrong with the HP driver.  Whenever we print on thicker stock the HP wigs out.  So I thought about sending our RTL files through Spinflow to see if it helped out.  It works great it gets rid of our problems but now we have another problem.  If we use Spinflow to spool the RTL files over then the HP machines asks for a roll to be loaded.  Well we are printing on sheets of 10 pt paper that will not load on the HP 1055 as a roll because it's too thick.  Hence my question, is there a way for the Spinflow software to make the HP accept a sheet instead of a roll. 

hagar_uk

Quote from: whoami on November 03, 2007, 01:05:56 PMWell here is our problem...   We usually send things to our other HP 1055 (without a spinjet attached) using Nexus.  Unfortunately there seems to be something wrong with the HP driver.  Whenever we print on thicker stock the HP wigs out.  So I thought about sending our RTL files through Spinflow to see if it helped out.  It works great it gets rid of our problems but now we have another problem.  If we use Spinflow to spool the RTL files over then the HP machines asks for a roll to be loaded.  Well we are printing on sheets of 10 pt paper that will not load on the HP 1055 as a roll because it's too thick.  Hence my question, is there a way for the Spinflow software to make the HP accept a sheet instead of a roll. 

I can see of no logical reason why spinjet software would be able to do this as it only loads sheet on the second side. I know for a fact it will not do it on the original Troika based software.

The only way you could would be to pause the output spooler, send each job twice or a blank first side and delete the first Roll jobs in the spooler.  Very messy unproductive way of doing something.