Epson Stylus Pro 7000

Started by David, September 21, 2011, 12:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

I need to find out the secret button combination to be able to print out the IP address of this guy.
anyone know it?

TIA,
David
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

On our old Epson, not a 7000, you could find it on the control panel under network setup in the regular old menu settings. It wouldn't surprise me though if they don't have it hidden now. Anything to get you to make a service call.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

No network setup menu, from reading some items online, the config is done through the Epson TMNetWinConfig.exe, but I need to know the beginning/orig IP so I can reset it to something I can use.
This is a "new to me" item from our other building.
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

I pushed some buttons and got the "Hex Dump" to show up, but it won't print it out.

Livin' la Vida Loca

Chilbear

How is it connected by ethernet or USB? My 9000 was ethernet and it was entered by the front panel. It has been 15 years since then. I have the manual for the 7000 (PDF) it makes no point of setting the IP. I would bet 192.168.1.1 may be valid since everything had this sequence back then...

Joe

This might be the same as the TMNetWinConfig utility you speak of but the Epson web site has this available for 32-bit Windows, 64-bit Windows, and the Mac. These utilities can usually find the printer on the network without knowing the IP address but it would have to be an IP address in the same range as the computer you are running the utility on. Do you know what the address range is that they were using at the other location?

EpsonNet Config Utility

Chilbear

Not sure if this will work - found this in the epson network PDF for the ethernet card. I do remember them connecting a laptop to the printer and setting it up then we plugged it into the ethernet port of the server it was attached to. I can PM the PDF to you Dave.

How do I PM/email an attachment?

David

I was originally USB from a Mac with an EFI RIP (on the Mac).
Now I need to get it on the network so everybody can get to it.
The TMNetWinConfig utility is supposed to be able to "sniff" it out, but so far all it sees is my Epson 9600, not the 7000.
Resorting to reading the manual for the above utility, gag...    :drunk3:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on September 21, 2011, 01:00:34 PMI was originally USB from a Mac with an EFI RIP (on the Mac).
Now I need to get it on the network so everybody can get to it.
The TMNetWinConfig utility is supposed to be able to "sniff" it out, but so far all it sees is my Epson 9600, not the 7000.
Resorting to reading the manual for the above utility, gag...    :drunk3:

That probably means the printer is not on the same subnet as your local network.

Chilbear

Try here and start with the Epson driver installers. I had a few Epson print spoolers and they ran on the Mac never direct to the machine.

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?oid=14379&prodoid=11084&BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Downloads&platform=Macintosh&x=24&y=3

andyfest

I remember having to use an Epson-supplied app to give the ethernet card on our "newer" 10600 a new IP address so it could be seen on the network. I'll have a look-see and see if I still have some info on it.
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

David

plugged it in with a USB cable to my PC, downloading the driver for it now.
then hopefully the utility will see it.
Livin' la Vida Loca

David

got the driver installed and a test page printed, but still no luck with the utility finding it, even plugged in with the USB.

damn epson...
Livin' la Vida Loca

frailer

FWIW (probably nothing) there's a little black button on the ethernet card, which, when held in for 3 secs or summin, gets a spit-out of the full  Monty, including IP address. But that's a 7600.    :undecided:   The only way I've ever done it.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on September 21, 2011, 03:16:24 PMFWIW (probably nothing) there's a little black button on the ethernet card, which, when held in for 3 secs or summin, gets a spit-out of the full  Monty, including IP address. But that's a 7600.    :undecided:   The only way I've ever done it.

:goodpost:

Probably the same ethernet print server so it may work.