Always looking...part time Toronto Canada

Started by pspdfppdfxhd, October 28, 2007, 05:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pspdfppdfxhd

hey, i'm always looking for some extra cash. Located in Mississauga Ontario (about 20 km west of Toronto).

pspdfppdfxhd

LRob

pspdfppdfxhd

In the past month it's gone up 20 cents a litre...which may be confusing to U.S. people, thats, uh hold on.....about 4.50 a gallon U.S. and when we were in Rochester N.Y. 2 weeks ago and I paid about 3.50 a gallon so that's about 15 bucks less on a fill up.

One economist here predicted 1.40 a litre this summer and up to 2.25 a litre in 2 years. (5.32 a gallon and 8.55 a gallon U.S.)

Having just purchased a V6 sedan I'm getting pretty nervous. Was thinking about getting a scooter for the spring summer fall but seems like the insurance would be ridiculous. Which I don't understand because how much damage can you do to anything on a scooter?? If you ran into someone else you might cause 300 bucks damage and fly across the street. Yeah, kinda dangerous, the wife might not like it. If the insurance was reasonable I'd definately get one.

G_Town

I'm sure G.W. is on this issue I mean coming from Texas oil what would he have to gain from high gas prices?

EyeTech

1.40 dollars. You guys don't know you're born!

Over here (UK) we looking at 1.12 GBP that's 2.27$ Canadian per litre.

You want context? I used to put £20.00 in our little diesel van for a weeks' deliveries - I'm now spending £75.00 for the same thing. And the talk is of even higher gas prices later this year.

Add to that the Grangemouth refinery has gone on strike further reducing  supplied (mainly in Scotland) which has had the effect of price hikes due to gas stations blatant profiteering across the country. Someone pass me a beer to cry into.
'I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out'" Bill Hicks

Self-indulgent Flickr page

beermonster

someone mention beer?

uk fuel prices are getting nuts and the big boys <BP, esso etc> like nothing better than to create a scare and hike prices here - then maybe - just maybe - drop them by a penny or so in a few weeks
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

pspdfppdfxhd

I think this oil chaos is going to cause some serious world problems seeing as China and India are now competing for a bigger piece of the pie. Hope not, but looks tricky to me....

mattbeals

Hey, I'm in Mississauga right now at the Boston Pizza, by the Tony Roma's, Montana Grill, Tucker Plaza (sp?) out here by the air port. Stop by if you'd like to BS.
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

hotmetal

Quote from: mattbeals on November 24, 2008, 06:36:23 PMHey, I'm in Mississauga right now at the Boston Pizza, by the Tony Roma's, Montana Grill, Tucker Plaza (sp?) out here by the air port. Stop by if you'd like to BS.

So why is an airport in Canada infested with a bunch of boring U.S. food franchises? No wonder everyone hates us.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

mattbeals

I have no idea. I'm here still. In the bar they're watching Monday night football, drinking bad American beer, hootin' and hollerin' while here in the restaurant I am listening to Avril Lavigne (sp?).

When the border control agent asked me if I had ever been to Canada I said yes, Vancouver and Victoria. Then I had to add in that we don't really consider Canada a foreign country, more of a large 51st state except for Quebec. I got the distinct impression she wasn't going to let me in the "country" for that...

And what the hell is with this "work permit" stuff?? I got nailed $150 to come up here and train a shop because there is no trainers for Enfocus in Canada. Anywhere. I even had them look it up. And they still charged me! It's not like I'm taking work from a Canadian citizen, there aren't any for me to take work from!
Matt Beals

Everything I say is my own personal opinion and has nothing to do with my employer or their views.

Chelle

Was that $150 American or Canadian? :grin:
Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

mattbeals

Matt Beals

gnubler

Quote from: mattbeals on November 24, 2008, 06:36:23 PMHey, I'm in Mississauga right now at the Boston Pizza, by the Tony Roma's, Montana Grill, Tucker Plaza (sp?) out here by the air port. Stop by if you'd like to BS.

Um, who are you again?
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

pspdfppdfxhd

Hey Matt, I would sure have a beer with you if I had of known, you're like a legend man! :smiley:

Tony Romas? Hmm, I thought they shut that down. Is there a Costco and a Canadian Tire and a Wal mart around there too? I might know that area. With these store names (except for the Canadian Tire) we sure sound like an American state all right.

I don't even know when you wrote this but today is Thanksgiving (U.S. not Canadian) and tommorrow, me and the wife are going down to Rochester for the Black friday shopping event and staying a couple of nights.

funny, at the beginning of this post we were talking about gas being so expensive and now it's almost half the price. Go figure. It's turning into a BIPOLAR WORLD!