XMF Client for OS 11 Big Sur on Mac with intel CPU

Started by Joe, June 30, 2021, 07:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: Lee Fenical on October 28, 2021, 08:55:53 AM
Yep, figured that out when the trainer got back in. But they're doing us next week so we'll be good to go.

And, of course, what pops up in my apple notifications this morning? The notice to download and install Monterey   :shoots_self:

We actually got an email from Fuji just yesterday to not install Monterey as XMF will not run on it.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

ksm1701

I've just installed Monterey on a Mac we are no longer using and can confirm that the XMF client bounces once in the dock and then just lies down and sulks (ie, it definitely doesn't work!).  :death:

Slappy

So, apparently we HAVE TO update our Macs to run the latest abomination iteration of InDesign, but that will invalidate our XMF Clients, assuming I even had a current maintenance agreement to do so - which I don't.

:shoots_self:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Yep gotta be on Catalina or above for the latest Creative Cloud. I have a bunch of iMacs running Mojave that has to be updated before I leave at the end of the year. Adobe could have made my life easier had they waited until the first of the year but nooooooooo...

:deadhorse:

Tracy

sheesh I think your retirement is perfect timing
who knows what's going to happen to the rest of us!

Im running Mojave I think I will wait for you, I may have to bug you into your retirement tho!
I kept my notes from last time so I might be ok.
who am I kidding what will I do without you!!! :cry:

Lee Fenical

Quote from: Joe on October 28, 2021, 08:58:38 AM
Quote from: Lee Fenical on October 28, 2021, 08:55:53 AM
Yep, figured that out when the trainer got back in. But they're doing us next week so we'll be good to go.

And, of course, what pops up in my apple notifications this morning? The notice to download and install Monterey   :shoots_self:

We actually got an email from Fuji just yesterday to not install Monterey as XMF will not run on it.

Got the same letter the same day  :D

After the wait for a big sur compatible version, I knew not to. I have never jumped on the newest OS on or near release day anyway. Let designers be the guinea pigs lol.

But they updated us yesterday, so far so good...

Slappy

Fuji ever get up to speed on this? I need to justify buying new Macs, but they'll have to be compatible with XMF.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

Yes before I left we were able to run XMF Client on Big Sur. Of course they had to update the server before we could do that. They remoted in to update the server and then we installed the new client on the Macs.

DetroitPrinter

Were you able to Run XMF Client 6.9 with Catalina or more importantly Big Sur or is there newer version?

I Kept my Mac running Mojave. I'm always nervous about the updates because XMF is always so far behind. My other Mac on is running Monterey, but I know XMF 6.9 will not work on it yet.

I need to update my Adobe Apps so I need to update my macOS but do not want to lose my XMF Client.
If anyone could answer my question that would be great.

Does XMF Client 6.9 Work on Big Sur or Catalina?
   *If not... What Client Version are you running?*

Thank You

Joe

Version: 6.12.0.1 is what they installed for us to be able to run it on Big Sur. No idea about Catalina as we skipped that version.

Slappy

I have an unused iMac (Roughly 2018)ere so I updated to Monterey & the XMF installer we have (6.6.23) has the "No entry" symbol so it won't even install.

Got a call out to our sales dude to see what the update will cost and the OS specs too.

Tracy

let me know what the update costs please PM me if you need to!!

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on March 15, 2022, 01:04:34 PMI have an unused iMac (Roughly 2018)ere so I updated to Monterey & the XMF installer we have (6.6.23) has the "No entry" symbol so it won't even install.

Got a call out to our sales dude to see what the update will cost and the OS specs too.
They didn't have the software for Big Sur available until after Monterey was released so you might be waiting for awhile.

ksm1701

Here in the UK, we've just been upgraded to XMF v6.13.0.1 which now works with Monterey with no immediately apparent issues so far.

I now just need to persuade the higher-ups that I REALLY need a Mac Studio to be able to perform my day to day duties at optimum efficiency! ;D

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on March 15, 2022, 02:00:13 PM
Quote from: Slappy on March 15, 2022, 01:04:34 PMI have an unused iMac (Roughly 2018)ere so I updated to Monterey & the XMF installer we have (6.6.23) has the "No entry" symbol so it won't even install.

They didn't have the software for Big Sur available until after Monterey was released so you might be waiting for awhile.
I've got a visit from our new Fuji Rep this Tuesday, so I'm going to find out wtf is up, if they even know. Will report back.