News:

Main Menu

PageMaker file

Started by DigiCorn, November 20, 2019, 11:42:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DigiCorn

Can anyone here convert a PageMaker file to InDesign for me?
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Hmmmm...InDesign used to be able to open them I think. When did they do away with that?
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

Everything I read says it only works CS-CS6. There's an .exe file you can download from Adobe to do the conversion, but I'm on a Mac.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/cant-open-pagemaker-files-indesign.html
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigiCorn

Here's a link to the cross platform converter, but it's a Windows executiable file:
https://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=39
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Tried to download the .exe and I get a 404 Not Found page.

delooch

i found that app because half my archive is in pagemaker.. cross.exe will convert a macos PMD to a windows PMD.. Still cant find one that converts to InD..

I did find this mirror if you want to try..

http://ftp.gnome.org/mirror/archive/ftp.sunet.se/pub/vendor/adobe/adobe/pagemaker/win/6.x/

Joe

I do have CS4 InDesign on Windows that might still open a pagemaker file so I will give it a try.

Joe

scottrsimons

Just saw your message, I have the Markzware tool for PMD2ID. The plugin is old. Pm me with the file, and I can try.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

DigiCorn

― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

scottrsimons

Oops, I was wrong, I didn't have the plugin, but still have a Mac that had InDesign 1.2 installed and running. It opened it right up, and was able to save as INDD. You will find it attached as a ZIP.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

Joe

I got it converted too but all it is a one page document with the words 'Thank You' on it . :rotf:

DigiCorn

Quote from: Joe on November 20, 2019, 01:00:57 PM
I got it converted too but all it is a one page document with the words 'Thank You' on it . :rotf:
I didn't have a sample before. They managed to track one down afterwards. That's all it is. I could have just re-typeset it had I known in advance.

oh... THANK YOU
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

pspdfppdfxhd

StudioMonkey

Quote from: DigiCorn on November 20, 2019, 02:04:26 PM
Quote from: Joe on November 20, 2019, 01:00:57 PM
I didn't have a sample before. They managed to track one down afterwards. That's all it is. I could have just re-typeset it had I known in advance.

oh... THANK YOU

LMFAO  :lmao:
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana