News:

Main Menu

Quark...

Started by Aaron, November 23, 2009, 01:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beermonster

yep - just had the bogof email too - what a joke. how desperate are they!

never gonna have qxp8 coz i cant even rip qxp 7 files now - they simply give up - granted this is prolly my outdated navigator - but it's all i have - doomed
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Chelle

Due to lack of interest, today has been cancelled....

FACT OF LIFE: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says W T F

gnubler

Quote from: Chelle on November 24, 2009, 06:27:01 AM
Quote from: beermonster on November 24, 2009, 05:29:12 AMdoomed
Gnubler?

Yes?

The comments on this thread make me giggle...I have to ask - how/why the F are you guys getting promo emails from Quark? Are you managers or the heads of prepress depts? I just can't think of any reason anyone would willingly supply Quark with their email address unless it was during the unwilling online purchase of their software.

"Quark 8's fiercest competitor is Quark 4." LOL!  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Aaron

Ahh. That's how they got me. I did order it last time.

I thought they were just so desperate that they emailed everyone in the WORLD hoping to get a purchase.
Prinergy 6.1, UpFront, Magnus Quantum 400 , Epson 9880, Insite 7.0, Sonora

"You don't frighten us, English pig dogs. Go and boil your bottoms, you sons of a silly person. I blow my nose at you, so-called "Arthur King," you and all your silly English K-nig-hts." -- John Cleese, Monty Python and the Holy Grail

jezza

Quote from: gnubler on March 29, 2010, 09:14:39 PMThe comments on this thread make me giggle...I have to ask - how/why the F are you guys getting promo emails from Quark? Are you managers or the heads of prepress depts? I just can't think of any reason anyone would willingly supply Quark with their email address unless it was during the unwilling online purchase of their software.

I'm too embarrassed to say, though I did get another email newsletter from them today...

The Magic of Quark 8 amongst other things

http://www.flash8magic.com/en/
one sick prepress mofo

youston

Quote from: jezza on March 30, 2010, 08:48:28 AM
Quote from: gnubler on March 29, 2010, 09:14:39 PMThe comments on this thread make me giggle...I have to ask - how/why the F are you guys getting promo emails from Quark? Are you managers or the heads of prepress depts? I just can't think of any reason anyone would willingly supply Quark with their email address unless it was during the unwilling online purchase of their software.

I'm too embarrassed to say, though I did get another email newsletter from them today...

The Magic of Quark 8 amongst other things

http://www.flash8magic.com/en/

The magical part is how you don't immediately go out of business once you install it.

jezza

The magical part is if you can get the POS to install in the first place!
one sick prepress mofo

Farabomb

Installing is easy, getting the sodding bastard to work is another story. When you do 3 months later all versions refuse to work. Then magically it's fine.  :huh:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

jezza

I gave up after three attempts with the QX7 demo, damn thing just wouldn't run
one sick prepress mofo

DigitalCrapShoveler

I had to work in 8 pretty extensively for a month that finally ended last week. Hold me.
Member #285 - Civilian

youston

Quote from: DigitalCrapShoveler on March 30, 2010, 09:12:23 AMI had to work in 8 pretty extensively for a month that finally ended last week. Hold me.

Not until you shower. With a sandblaster. I don't want to get any of your Quark on me.

DigitalCrapShoveler

AM I now a Leper to you! Is that all I have become!?! Quark Depressed.
Member #285 - Civilian

tapdn

usually fried mate - sometimes pickled - often scrambled - never beaten
~ Sir B. Monsteaure
No, he's well within his rights to diss cake. Pie, on the other hand, is waaaayyyy off limits.
~Youston
I'm just a stupid printer WTF do I know
~Farabomb

David

got this in my email...

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigitalCrapShoveler

Ooooo, the magical toolbox. I have Quark 8 and I didn't get a bunny.
Member #285 - Civilian