$2500 execution

Started by ninjaPB_43, December 09, 2008, 11:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnubler

Quote from: G_Town on December 10, 2008, 08:41:48 AMI was standing talking to a guy one day at his desk and he looks over and there's a mouse hanging from his front feet from the guys coffee mug with his head down in the cup taking a big old gulp of java.

Gawd. I have an occasional furry creature hanging out in my kitchen behind my stove who sometimes makes it up on my kitchen counter. A few weeks ago I spotted him running around and just watched - he goes right for my almost-empty coffee cup and starts drinking the cold, sugary coffee. That must have been one jacked up mouse. I've since gotten wise and have all access routes blocked off and don't leave coffee cups sitting around anymore.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

I have a brother-in-law that rented a dilapidated house once and he kept waking up in the middle of the night hearing noises under his bed. There was a possum living underneath it. :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigitalCrapShoveler

Member #285 - Civilian

ninjaPB_43

People will notice the change in your attitude towards them, but won't notice their behavior that made you change.  -Bob Marley

Foozball

gnubler

Passing on a tip I learned about a few days ago, which might interest anyone not into snap-traps or the inexplicably cruel glue traps.

Mix some Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap with water in a spray bottle, and spray it around areas where the furry bastards tend to travel. The smell repels them. I'm going to try it along the baseboards in my kitchen and along the bottoms of all the doors. If you have pets or children, it's a non-toxic alternative.

You can find Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap at any natural foods market where half the shoppers have dreadlocks, the cars parked outside have Phish and Scooby Doo stickers, and the staff all have the faint aroma of cannabis smoke.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on December 10, 2008, 07:41:46 PMPassing on a tip I learned about a few days ago, which might interest anyone not into snap-traps or the inexplicably cruel glue traps.

Mix some Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap with water in a spray bottle, and spray it around areas where the furry bastards tend to travel. The smell repels them. I'm going to try it along the baseboards in my kitchen and along the bottoms of all the doors. If you have pets or children, it's a non-toxic alternative.

You can find Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap at any natural foods market where half the shoppers have dreadlocks, the cars parked outside have Phish and Scooby Doo stickers, and the staff all have the faint aroma of cannabis smoke.

Or ask youston! :laugh:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

gnubler

Quote from: Joe on December 10, 2008, 10:35:15 PM
Quote from: gnubler on December 10, 2008, 07:41:46 PMPassing on a tip I learned about a few days ago, which might interest anyone not into snap-traps or the inexplicably cruel glue traps.

Or ask youston! :laugh:

Yes, he'd probably be able to direct you. :wink:

youston

Zoinks! What ... you guys looking to get to Whole Foods? It's just right off the interstate ... just take the Short Pump exit, take a left, then take another left.

Dr. Bronner's soaps are all the way against the wall to the left. Scooby Snacks are in the 'Pet Treats' aisle.

Anybody ever read a bottle of Dr. Bronner's? First time I ever saw the stuff I was showering at a friends house after a weekend during which our pupils were the size of dimes (on average) if ya get my drift ... anyway, I'm standing there in the shower, still feeling a little ... um ... Timothy Leary-esque, and I pick up this bottle and start reading the religious rantings and ravings all over it ... had to get out of the shower quick ... got a little spooked! Jinkies!

hotmetal

Quote from: youston on December 11, 2008, 06:52:04 AMZoinks! What ... you guys looking to get to Whole Foods? It's just right off the interstate ... just take the Short Pump exit, take a left, then take another left.

Dr. Bronner's soaps are all the way against the wall to the left. Scooby Snacks are in the 'Pet Treats' aisle.

Anybody ever read a bottle of Dr. Bronner's? First time I ever saw the stuff I was showering at a friends house after a weekend during which our pupils were the size of dimes (on average) if ya get my drift ... anyway, I'm standing there in the shower, still feeling a little ... um ... Timothy Leary-esque, and I pick up this bottle and start reading the religious rantings and ravings all over it ... had to get out of the shower quick ... got a little spooked! Jinkies!

You know things are going to be all right because Walgreens now sells Dr. Bronner's!

Did you know that the text on the Dr. Bronner label changes from time to time? I used to soak them off when the bottle was empty and file them away somewhere. Dunno where anymore. Every now and then strange stuff surfaces and then disappears for another couple decades...
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

Stiv

Your mouse was part of a conspiracy.

Mice suspected in deadly cat fire

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7792475.stm

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: david on December 19, 2008, 01:54:05 PMomg...

Sigh. I just wish I looked that hot in a 2-piece. Must get more nuts.

David

I think it's a three piece, notice the lovely head scarf, thong, bandanna or whatever.

if you need some more nuts, I can get PB to overnight you some.

he's good for things like that.
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca