News:

Main Menu

New Windows 10 PC

Started by G_Town, January 11, 2018, 12:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

Quote from: Tracy on November 15, 2018, 02:17:09 PMsheesh took so long doing this! I was up to 1200 without a monitor, now I can't find the computer i was looking at
had a problem with the new egg account so had to do it over.
I will have to reread all this :laugh:
I will try and find that one again.

Yeah newegg moves them pretty quick. You can't lollygag around once you find what you want. ;D
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Tracy

yeah I'm a dumb dumb, it went to my student email
hopefully i can get a good student discount!

Joe

I've ran into that issue a lot. I go and get the price of something and it takes management a week to decide "yeah go ahead and get it". Then I have to go back and tell them since it took a week to make up their mind the price is now $100 higher.

Tracy

I wonder if they will have Black Friday sales!!

Slappy

Quote from: Tracy on November 16, 2018, 01:51:47 PMI wonder if they will have Black Friday sales!!
Does the Pope crap in the woods?
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

mc hristel

Quote from: Slappy on November 16, 2018, 08:41:00 PM
Quote from: Tracy on November 16, 2018, 01:51:47 PMI wonder if they will have Black Friday sales!!
Does the Pope crap in the woods?

I would guess no the pope doesn't, but I have been hearing Dell advertising black Friday deals for small business on the radio all week. Seems like a good chance that everyone will be having deals on computers this upcoming weekend if not sooner.

Tracy

Hey Joe!
Not sure if your here this weekend, but I'm thinking of buying the PC today or tomorrow
Thinking about having it delivered to my work as were not home during the day.
Is there a way to make sure that I sign for it or something, too much money for something bad to happen
I printed out this whole thread and took it home with me, sure am glad about that!

Tracy

seeing some good computers that are refurbished, are those ok?

Tracy

does the intel Graphics 630 mean there isn't a graphics card?

Tracy

Joe

Dell Factory Refurbished should be pretty safe but both the warranty is only 90 days.

Rest of the specs look good.

Intel Graphics 630 means it does not have a graphics card and uses system memory.

The one you linked is the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB GDDRS which I think is a separate video card as it has its own 6 GB of memory.

Here is the same PC only not refurbished and has 32 GB of RAM for $30 more. If you have an Amazon Prime account shipping will be free.

https://www.amazon.com/Dell-XPS-8930-Tower-Desktop-x/dp/B077YSVGWQ?th=1

Be warned these Dell PC's only have an HDMI or a display port to go to your monitor so if you are using a monitor without an HDMI port or a Display port you will need to buy an adapter.

I had to order a PC yesterday for a new Xante machine we are getting and it needed to be pretty beefy. Newegg had a pretty good deal on an HP with an i7 CPU with 16 GB of ram. I went ahead and got it even though it wasn't a Dell as it was quite a bit cheaper than the Dell's with the same config. It also had the Intel HD Graphics 630 which I'm not crazy about. It was $869.99 and I got a 27" monitor for $109.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAA0S80M0189&ignorebbr=1

Tracy

Thanks for the info on the monitor and the refurbished!
I will be checking some more today!

I def need a video card!
thanks for the amazon link too, I may go that route, don't have prime but I may want that computer.

Your getting a Xante?
pretty cool printer for envelopes, once in awhile color issue matching a previous envelope

Joe

Yep, getting this critter. Install is next Wednesday.

https://www.xante.com/enpress/

Tracy

whoa! that's a state of the art Xante, shoo wee
ours looks like a clunker compared to that!
still a workhorse tho

Good morning Joe! I think I'm going Amazon!

Tracy

Ordered the PC! Thanks for all your help Joe!
somehow I didn't pay for shipping or tax, what the heck?

everyone else too! I reread the thread till I was confident enough to choose the PC.