News:

Main Menu

Calibri

Started by gnubler, August 12, 2010, 09:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

Quote from: gnubler on October 15, 2010, 06:38:26 PMYou could make it all Web 2.0 and call it comicpap'n beta or something. (must be all lowercase to truly be 2.0)

OOOH, good idea, that just sounds like it has to be good!
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Quote from: DCurry on October 15, 2010, 12:36:13 PMI gots no problem with Helvetica. Used properly it can be beautiful.
He's right. But I am a Neue fanatic. Sh*t, the more members in a font family, the better IMO.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

There's a whole documentary about Helvetica. It's pretty good and even worth a few laughs. How many fonts get their own movie?!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on March 22, 2011, 10:35:37 AMThere's a whole documentary about Helvetica. It's pretty good and even worth a few laughs. How many fonts get their own movie?!
Where'd you find it? I had in on my Blockbuster queue a few years ago, but it always said, "coming soon," and I never got it.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DigitalCrapShoveler

I would rather see a movie about Papyrus or Comic Sans. Helvetica is boring.
Member #285 - Civilian

Farabomb

A movie about comic sans would have more bleeps than Goodfella's on broadcast TV.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Quote from: DigiSig on March 22, 2011, 10:37:24 AM
Quote from: gnubler on March 22, 2011, 10:35:37 AMThere's a whole documentary about Helvetica. It's pretty good and even worth a few laughs. How many fonts get their own movie?!
Where'd you find it? I had in on my Blockbuster queue a few years ago, but it always said, "coming soon," and I never got it.

Library, yo. Mine now.

I started a thread about it. I can *share* if anyone else wants it.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Quote from: DigiSig on March 22, 2011, 10:37:24 AM
I Netflix'd it, I loved it, being German and all....
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

Fellow Kraut, nice.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Heil Reinheitsgebot!

I wish Beck was around today so he could type "yavoll" again.  :laugh:

DigiCorn

"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Quote from: DigiSig on March 22, 2011, 11:53:10 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on March 22, 2011, 11:43:30 AMFellow Kraut, nice.
Ja wohl!
^ Das is recht! My German is pretty bad tho...except I can remember how to spell the name of my favorite Deutscher band 'einsturzende neubauten'.

gnubler

I just stick with Rammstein - easier to spell and say.

"MUTTER!!!" (as in 'mother')

Captain_Type

Esko Automation Engine 23
ArtPro+ 23
Javelin Imagesetter

gnubler

Is that the one with Hitler? No clicky on vid links at work.