I could use come help

Started by Peon, October 29, 2010, 11:37:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peon

we are currently trying to install a new Server. We have everything pretty much working, all the workflows etc. but we can't view the ripped file in the workflow. Nexus Edit opens fine but the page won't come up for viewing. can anybody help us out? Long suggested "I would suggest that you make sure to mount Nexus_Mac as afp protocol and not smb." We did that but it didn't help and we don't have a maintenance contract with them so that's as far as he would go.

tuff_gong

Is there an error message, or does te app quit, or what? Just no preview? What version of nexus? Are you running on a mac?
"Cops Nab Co-Eds in Pot Orgy"

G_Town

Quote from: Peon on October 29, 2010, 11:37:21 AMwe are currently trying to install a new Server. We have everything pretty much working, all the workflows etc. but we can't view the ripped file in the workflow. Nexus Edit opens fine but the page won't come up for viewing. can anybody help us out? Long suggested "I would suggest that you make sure to mount Nexus_Mac as afp protocol and not smb." We did that but it didn't help and we don't have a maintenance contract with them so that's as far as he would go.

Can physically see the file before you try and open it? If you want you can send me the WF and a file and I can take a look.

PM me if interested.

Peon

Error is "Not and Art Pro Line-Art file" and we are using Nexus Edit 8.6 rev5 on a Mac. The system works and you can look at the file via file open but not launching within the job control.

G_Town

Joe

I've been away from Nexus for a long time but it sounds like the Mac OS needs to be told to use Nexus Edit as the default application. Right click and "Get Info" and set the default application as Nexus Edit for both CT & LW files.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

G_Town

Take a screen shot, it sounds like you are trying to open something other than a artpro file.

Peon

Her are a couple workflows and a pdf if they will work.

Santa

I think Joe is onto something.  Launch Nexus Manager go to the Nexus Manger Tab and under that is preferences. Click on applications and make sure nexus edit is selected as your application.  Screen shot attached