PRINERGY 9.5 is finally ready!!

Started by RMPrepress, June 29, 2022, 12:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe

I've seen problems with freeware/web fonts that don't have a license for outlining the fonts and they fail in the trapper because to create the trap it outlines the font to create the trap. My fix was to find the freeware/web fonts online and open them on my system. Pitstop would allow them to be outlined once they were open in your system. Once outlined they would process fine.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

born2print

Quote from: RMPrepress on July 07, 2022, 07:50:52 AMWe very rarely have a problem with getting a PDF through Workshop.
One problem we do have maybe a handful of times a year is with PDF's with blanks added in by a designer or customer in some abnormal way.  They fail at the 1st refine and bypass refine will not work either, delete the blanks out of the PDF and it processes right through.

Yep, same here, only started happening recently-ish though... like after whichever update of Acrobat I suspect.
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Joe

Quote from: born2print on July 07, 2022, 09:14:57 AM
Quote from: RMPrepress on July 07, 2022, 07:50:52 AMWe very rarely have a problem with getting a PDF through Workshop.
One problem we do have maybe a handful of times a year is with PDF's with blanks added in by a designer or customer in some abnormal way.  They fail at the 1st refine and bypass refine will not work either, delete the blanks out of the PDF and it processes right through.

Yep, same here, only started happening recently-ish though... like after whichever update of Acrobat I suspect.
Oh shucks...I missed it! :rotf:

DCurry

I've seen that before - rather than delete the blanks, we just do a Save As... and the new file refines successfully.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

scottrsimons

We've also had issues with old files from Freehand or Corel Draw or the likes. But it probably really isn't the file type, but how the file was created or manipulated over the years. And especially with a sh*t ton of vectors and transparencies not setup correctly. Or with special backgrounds or hidden layers. Just pull it into Photoshop, and it's "fixed". Or make a foreground (of text) file and background (of flattened transparencies) file, and splice it back together in Indesign. That usually will fix it too.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

born2print

Pitstop rasterize selection could be great for that too, leave some of the page vector as appropriate.
My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Joe

Quote from: born2print on July 08, 2022, 11:20:08 AMPitstop rasterize selection could be great for that too, leave some of the page vector as appropriate.
Rasterize everything except text is the greatest Pitstop action ever!

pspdfppdfxhd

I have rasterized the whole damned thing in photoshop on occasion at 2400 dpi and sent the damned thing to the rip actually. Last resort, but it usually works. Haven't done it in awhile however, the latest Harlequin rip we have seems to chew through everything we can throw at it. :drunk3:

Shi

Quote from: Joe on July 07, 2022, 06:49:26 AM
Quote from: Shi on July 07, 2022, 06:44:25 AM不知道这次prinergy9.5会不会有不一样的惊喜。目前还有一些文件,prinergy都过不去,prinect流程就没问题!

Translation: I don't know if there will be a different surprise in prinergy 9.5 this time. At present, there are still some documents, the prinergy can't get through, the principle process is no problem!
What documents can't get through Prinergy? In my experience of files that won't go through is that the problem is with the file and not with Prinergy.
给你个PDF文件(我要怎么发送给你?), 你试试不修改PDF的情况下。 用wokshop精炼输出TIFF看看。印能捷也能过,精炼模板修改一下。速度很慢很慢。海德堡印通流程2分钟就完成了!

Joe

Quote from: Shi on July 10, 2022, 09:41:48 PMGive you a PDF file (how do I send it to you?), you try without modifying the PDF. Use wokshop to refine the output TIFF to see. Prinergy can also pass, refine the template and modify it. Very slow very slow. The Heidelberg Prinect process is completed in 2 minutes!!
Send file by https://wetransfer.com to webadmin@b4print.com

Shi

Quote from: Joe on July 11, 2022, 07:18:55 AM
Quote from: Shi on July 10, 2022, 09:41:48 PMGive you a PDF file (how do I send it to you?), you try without modifying the PDF. Use wokshop to refine the output TIFF to see. Prinergy can also pass, refine the template and modify it. Very slow very slow. The Heidelberg Prinect process is completed in 2 minutes!!
Send file by https://wetransfer.com to webadmin@b4print.com
已发送

Joe

I got your file but Prinergy will not even attempt to process the file as it appears there is security on parts of the file that won't allow Prinergy to process the file.

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 9.42.35 AM.png

Shi

Quote from: Joe on July 12, 2022, 08:50:10 AMI got your file but Prinergy will not even attempt to process the file as it appears there is security on parts of the file that won't allow Prinergy to process the file.

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 9.42.35 AM.png
我这里不是这样的。我从新打压缩包发给你吧。

Joe

Not sure what the issue was but it wouldn't let me process it logged into the Prinergy server so I logged into a Mac and it processed fine from there. It took exactly 4 minutes to process and make one-bit tiffs for all 4 colors. That is about normal for a file created in Illustrator with a lot of vectors and paths. And they don't have Prinergy 9.5 installed yet so I had to run it through Prinergy 9.0.2

Tracy