File Sharing

Started by Stiv, January 23, 2012, 06:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiv

Seems they are all starting to restrict access. Will the domino effect take all the sharing sites down?

I just found that http://www.filesonic.com/ has started a new policy - "All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally."

So, am I now responsible for what my clients upload to my FTP?

gnubler

I heard MegaUpload went...down. Down to Chinatown.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Joe

Quote from: Stiv on January 23, 2012, 06:13:32 AMSeems they are all starting to restrict access. Will the domino effect take all the sharing sites down?

I just found that http://www.filesonic.com/ has started a new policy - "All sharing functionality on FileSonic is now disabled. Our service can only be used to upload and retrieve files that you have uploaded personally."

So, am I now responsible for what my clients upload to my FTP?

Yes.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: gnubler on January 23, 2012, 09:04:10 AMI heard MegaUpload went...down. Down to Chinatown.

Shutdown by the US gov I hear.

boosted29

Quote from: Joe on January 23, 2012, 09:35:29 AM
Quote from: gnubler on January 23, 2012, 09:04:10 AMI heard MegaUpload went...down. Down to Chinatown.

Yeah it was a joint effort with New Zealand (Residence of CEO) Police and customs in China (Where it is based out of).

I am afraid this will spread like wildfire for upload services so beware
Quote from: gnubler on October 22, 2010, 12:54:19 PM
It's called "prepress". :laugh:

99% of the population doesn't even know we exist or are aware of the work that goes into printing their crap.

gnubler

Goodbye Turko. I knew it wouldn't last, that's why I download like a madman.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

boosted29

Quote from: gnubler on January 23, 2012, 10:31:19 AMGoodbye Turko. I knew it wouldn't last, that's why I download like a madman.

Pshhh Seriously.

Nothing great lasts forever.

99% of the population doesn't even know we exist or are aware of the work that goes into printing their crap.

gnubler

Farabomb

Matters not, it's like playing wack-a-mole. One popular site goes down, 3 more pop up. The law will never catch up to the technology. It's as futile as outlawing drugs. You would figure the government would learn from prohibition.

Wait, government and learn shouldn't ever be used in the same sentence.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

gnubler

Quote from: Farabomb on January 23, 2012, 12:13:40 PMWait, government and learn shouldn't ever be used in the same sentence.

Like "military intelligence"?

boosted29

Quote from: gnubler on January 23, 2012, 12:15:37 PM
Quote from: Farabomb on January 23, 2012, 12:13:40 PMWait, government and learn shouldn't ever be used in the same sentence.

Like "military intelligence"?

Isn't there a George Carlin bit in there somewhere??

gnubler

Probably. Most of my dialogue is ripped from the Masters.

frailer

Quote from: boosted29 on January 23, 2012, 10:23:45 AM
Quote from: Joe on January 23, 2012, 09:35:29 AM

Yeah it was a joint effort with New Zealand (Residence of CEO) Police and customs in China (Where it is based out of).

I am afraid this will spread like wildfire for upload services so beware

Mr. Dotcom. Looks like he's headed for the Huw Griffiths treatment. ....rendered Stateside.   :wingwalker:  (remove smile from wingwalker)
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

frailer

The Law's been trailing behind the 'net developments; but they're starting to get aggressive...  :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.