Docucolor 8080 - anyone using it?

Started by tuff_gong, May 10, 2012, 08:24:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tuff_gong

Right now running a xerox 770, has not been dependable. Looking at the docucolor 8080. Anyone using one? How's back-to-front registration? Does it jam much? Color consistency?
"Cops Nab Co-Eds in Pot Orgy"

t-pat

Quote from: tuff_gong on May 10, 2012, 08:24:12 AMRight now running a xerox 770, has not been dependable. Looking at the docucolor 8080. Anyone using one? How's back-to-front registration? Does it jam much? Color consistency? is it a copier?

fixed
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait

gnubler

LOL. I was gonna type something very similar. Like, we are referring to a copier here, right?  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

"Does it jam?"  :laugh:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

I loathe Xerox products.
Our 700 is a piece of sh*t.
It smells like an old lady (so did the 4110 back in Columbia), it sounds very cheap. Cheap plastic bits.
It's a copier. It copies. But the color sucks.
Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

WTF? Is there a way you can post this smell?  :laugh:

Our copier smells like jet fumes.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DigiCorn

Quote from: gnubler on May 10, 2012, 09:07:37 AMWTF? Is there a way you can post this smell?  :laugh:

Our 2060 just literally had the paper tray snap off in the middle of a run. Just got done cleaning up all the papers it spit all over the floor.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Quote from: gnubler on May 10, 2012, 09:07:37 AMWTF? Is there a way you can post this smell?  :laugh:

Jet fumes?
You sure you're not smelling the press room :huh:
 :laugh:
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

gnubler

We stick long metal rulers on our output tray b/c it's so poorly designed. Can't even hold & jog 12x18 sheets, with coated stock they just fly onto the floor.  :laugh:

delooch

Quote from: gnubler on May 10, 2012, 09:12:24 AMWe stick long metal rulers on our output tray b/c it's so poorly designed. Can't even hold & jog 12x18 sheets, with coated stock they just fly onto the floor.  :laugh:

i just made this contraption yesterday cause the damn thing kept pulling doubles...

gnubler

Looks Mexican.

I had a Xerox tech once tell me to fold up some paper and wedge it in the one of the trays for better registration.  :laugh:

delooch

Its Italian...

effective, though i wish i had some metal plate material instead of a glue binding strip.  the other end of that strip is taped to the canon c6000 right next to it.  they have a symbiotic relationship.

the best part is the look on the canon tech's face when he asked what it was

DigiCorn

aha. Fine Italian craftsmanship. We have something that looks like that at the end of our booklet maker to keep finished product flat, and from inserting itself into the next book.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

gnubler

The output tray broke on our other copier so we fixed that problem with a small table and a strip of paper taped above the output slot.  :laugh: