News:

Main Menu

PTR Super User

Started by Stiv, September 20, 2012, 07:40:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiv

I had the trail clamps replaced but the tech didn't reset the counter.

I've tried the four-finger Vulcan mind meld with the monitor but that only gets me the language choices.

The 9000 has an additional two-finger code but the 8600 doesn't seem to want to let me in that way.

Anyone have any ideas?

beermonster

restart  - while screen is blank press and hold at "9" and at "3" (as if it were a clock face) and this should get you to the engineers set up "not so secret" access area - unless that's the vulcan bit ya mentioned in which case i'm stumped - been 4 years now since I used my old screen 8000II, but the 3 and 9 oclock was a neat trick i learnded
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Ear

They reset mine but it was a buried setting. I remember even after getting into the alt service menu it was still buried. Also, there are a couple of NO TOUCH selections in that menu.... things that will reset to factory default with little warning of what havoc you are about to unleash upon your environment. I would call the tech and have him walk you through that one. My techs are cool and usually help me with stuff like that, especially if they forgot to do it.

Unless of course you are trying to roll the dice and let it run past the cycle warning without actually replacing. My owner had me do that and it ended up throwing a clamp. It was a mess.

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black