Using DC apps when internet down.

Started by frailer, August 22, 2018, 04:26:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Is this:

-not possible?

-sorta works, but could be flaky? (my co-worker's claimed experience).

-yeah no worries why are you asking?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

-yeah no worries why are you asking?

They will work fine. You do have to connect to the interwebs at least once every 30 days so the apps can call home to the mothership. If not you will be logged out and the apps won't work. They may go into trial mode if you have't already used up the 30 day trial period.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

Thanks Joe... well, my new colleague thinks we should keep the old iMacs running alongside the newbies (there's gobs of room), but mgr is making noises about de-commissioning them.
Colleague thought an argument might be to keep them as we can use Acrobat XI + Pitstop v13, as fallbacks.
He likes having the PlateRite running in a Chrome window, on the old one he has... there's a little animated see through of it loading plates n stuff, plus a plate counter and other accessible info. I'll let him argy bargy as I'll be away a few weeks.   :smiley:

The new ones are great, and we do everything on them other than web surfing, so I guess our arguments are poor.
I just don't like tidiness for tidiness's sake-type arguments, which is all it is, really.
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Well it doesn't hurt to keep them running other than the electricity they use. :D
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

... our thoughts exactly.   :rolleyes: