News:

Main Menu

Mt Lion

Started by WharfRat, November 19, 2013, 06:38:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WharfRat

Against my better judgement, I upgraded my Snow Leopard to MtLion (just to install Quark 10 - of all things)
Now my machine is basically hosed and I will buy another SSD to re-install 10.6.8.
But, until then, ... can anyone tell me how to find the "Hidden folders" in MtLion.
It seems Apple has hidden the "User > Library"

MSD

WharfRat

Joe

From the Finder click the "Go" menu. Hold down the option key and you should see "Library" appear in the list. If you release the Option key it will disappear so keep holding the option key down and click "Library".
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Also you can click the "Go" menu and select "Go to folder..." and type in "/Users/joe/Library" (without the quotes and replace "joe" with your user account name).

gnubler

WHAT? An upgrade broke everything? Weird!
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Possum

Ohh, great. I may have to do the exact same upgrade soon as my boss suddenly is entranced with CC. Well, he was warned. At this point, something is bound to break somewhere along the line.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

gnubler

Quote from: Possum on November 19, 2013, 01:27:25 PMWell, he was warned.

You did what you could. My advice was also ignored and it basically took down all CS apps on the owner's Mac. Not my problem.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

DCurry

Quote from: Possum on November 19, 2013, 01:27:25 PMOhh, great. I may have to do the exact same upgrade soon as my boss suddenly is entranced with CC. Well, he was warned. At this point, something is bound to break somewhere along the line.

CC runs on 10.6.8. I'm soaking in it right now.

I, too, dread leaving 10.6.8 because that means Preps 5 won't work anymore. It might mean dropping down to only 1 license for Preps 6 because I'm using my own personal dongle (don't ask) for Preps 5 currently and we have 2 operators. It's much easier for us each to have a license to run Preps rather than switching workstations or having one person handle all the impos.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

gnubler

Let's get personal about your dongle. Tell me more. :naughty:

Fontaholic

Quote from: DCurry on November 19, 2013, 01:43:51 PM
Quote from: Possum on November 19, 2013, 01:27:25 PMOhh, great. I may have to do the exact same upgrade soon as my boss suddenly is entranced with CC. Well, he was warned. At this point, something is bound to break somewhere along the line.

CC runs on 10.6.8. I'm soaking in it right now.

I, too, dread leaving 10.6.8 because that means Preps 5 won't work anymore. It might mean dropping down to only 1 license for Preps 6 because I'm using my own personal dongle (don't ask) for Preps 5 currently and we have 2 operators. It's much easier for us each to have a license to run Preps rather than switching workstations or having one person handle all the impos.

When it comes to personal dongles, the less I know, the better...   :tapedshut:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

Joe

It's not broke. Just different. :laugh:

DCurry

Quote from: gnubler on November 19, 2013, 01:46:35 PMLet's get personal about your dongle. Tell me more. :naughty:

It's huge. And by huge, I mean tiny.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

gnubler

That's all that matters (the size). :laugh:

Possum

CC says it works on 10.7 and above, so that already means replacing one printer. Still trying to find else what may or may not need upgrading/replacing. I've gotten terribly tired of this business. Just stick me in a corner doing accounts receivable or whatever until I drop dead.
Tall tree, short ropes, fix stupid.

Farabomb

I'm in the hate prepress mode too. Files are total shit but you now has less time to get it done because you are running the digital press copier, helping out in bindery, making deliveries, cleaning the toilets.... or at least I am.

You have to make do with 5 year old computers but the secretary gets a brand new laptop every 2 years. Because of said 5 year old tech you get things working because that is how prepress is. Since you got one file through you are now expected to get every file through with the same equipment. Everyone gets upgraded before prepress, need the fastest gear to run solitaire and check facebork.

Prepress is like mushrooms. Kept in the dark and fed shit.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job