News:

Main Menu

Objects close to the ege

Started by elko, August 15, 2014, 03:03:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elko

Hi

i was testing the "Change objects that are close to the page edge" action and I found a strange acting..... i have PS11 and acro 11 PC

first is that this action can change only objects that havent defined stroke...dont know if the 12 solve this dissadvantage.... I cant use it for the 02.pdf it has insufficient results

next is when i try the action at pdf 01 it change objects unlogicaly....the objects have bleeds and the action change them...."close objects" set with the same setting in profile doesnt log/error a problem....

:homer:. any explanation??

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8RZW880FifXalhjbDBWdi1JeGs/edit?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8RZW880FifXQ0FSNVljUjBsQjQ/edit?usp=sharing

abc

Can you post your Action list and how you've configured it please?

abc

elko

at the jpg you can see that the stroke around the colored rectangles doesnt continue in the bleed area..... there are two objects one has stroke and one has fill and the action influents only objects with fill....simply....define a stroke to one of the object having fill and the action will leave it.....

and what about the 01.pdf.....it has bleeds and the action make bigger bleeds.....i thought it should been applied only to objects beeing  "inside" and close to the trimbox

the action is attached

abc

It's a bit misleading, but as you've asked for 10 mm bleed, it's helpfully making sure you get that and modifying existing bleed.

The strokes i'm going to get development to look at. I know that strokes are handled differently but in this case I don't see any issue.

I'll post the feedback.

elko

thank you ABC

just make myself sure.....do I understand well?......points at the attached picture

1)..... setting the area along inside trimbox to detect objects
2)...... setting how big bleed I need

abc

Yep

1 = How far inside the Trim Box to detect objects
2 = How much bleed you want

Obviously if the value for 1 is too high then you'll get objects being pulled out to bleed that you probably don't want, but for those people who drag boxes instead of using co-ordinates it's useful

elko

abc:...any news from developers?

abc

I'm out of the office at the moment on vacation, i'll check on the response when I get back.

delooch

elko

Quote from: delooch on August 26, 2014, 05:02:18 PMim "close to the edge"   :banana:

:grin:

so use PitStop....get some bleed..... and you might rest on and on  :popcorn:

Farabomb

Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

StudioMonkey

omg thats a blast from the past  :old: :old:
Time flies like an arrow - fruit flies like a banana

Farabomb

I have the whole discography on the mac here.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job