Anybody Running Inkjet?

Started by Slappy, August 10, 2020, 09:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Looking at the "new" breed of inkjet presses, in small 2up format up to 4up or 8up variations. They seem to be all the rage, has anybody installed recently, what manufacturer/model, etc. and any impressions?

We sent files in to Konica for live samples off of their AccurioJet KM-1e for jobs we'd run already on the Komori - they're tolerable. Honestly most lay people nowadays wouldn't know it was inkjet but we certainly noticed.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

jwheeler

Of course offset will only look like offset to the most trained eyes, but I thought the KM1 samples I've seen were pretty good. I'm curious, did they printed them at the 3 different settings for you? I've seen samples of the exact same artwork, but printed at the 3 different modes (supposedly ink saving modes for less cost per print since you pay for supplies) and all 3 looked really good. There was a noticeable different between mode 1 and 3 (my names, not theirs) but no one would complain if they hadn't seen the other. If your shop has the budget for more than the KM1, the Landa inkjet presses are supposed to be the best with their nano-technology. I haven't seen samples myself, but they seem to be all the rage on other printing forums, but require a $2M+ investment. Check it out: https://www.landanano.com/nanography/nanography

Slappy

I'll have to ask what settings the samples were run, I didn't know there were varying options.

Quote from: jwheeler on August 11, 2020, 12:04:41 PMIf your shop has the budget for more than the KM1, the Landa inkjet presses are supposed to be the best with their nano-technology.
Yeah, I've been watching the Landa progression since it was announced - amazing machines. Would I want to have one to support? Nope - not in the first incarnation. Give them a few lifecyles to iron out all the kinks though and it'll be interesting.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.