Started by Joe, November 14, 2018, 11:45:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

here's a pdf made from Illy...
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

David

blue it is then!

Thanks Joe!

:rotf:

This one goes next to the customer that spec'd their color as "forest green".
My question... which forest and then which one of the 80 bazillion greens did you want?

:shoots_self:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: david on June 26, 2019, 12:19:19 PM
blue it is then!

Thanks Joe!

:rotf:

This one goes next to the customer that spec'd their color as "forest green".
My question... which forest and then which one of the 80 bazillion greens did you want?

:shoots_self:

The green one? (man I am on a roll today!)
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DigiCorn

I usually open the swatch in Photoshop, and then let PS decide the best match.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Tracy

OMG! I'm so sorry I forgot about this!
Illustrator came up with 541 and 542
the light blue is a bit off maybe you can pick a different color

David

thanks!
I think those 2 colors are kinda a reverse PMS thingie, you know you pick a pms color and print it in cmyk and it comes out close to the color, but no cigar.
Well, this is a screen mix that they want as a spot color, and the colors are close, but no cigar.

:facepalm:
Livin' la Vida Loca

Tracy

yeah from what I understand the DS color is Process?
confusing!

Kermy812

Tracy

I used Method 2, never herd of the method 1 must try!

David

Thanks Kermy!
I'll give those a shot and see what happens.

cheers!
Livin' la Vida Loca

Diddler

Here's another option. Helpful for matching colours across different mediums etc.

http://www.perbang.dk/rgb/F7E654/
You can't polish a Turd, but you can roll it in glitter!

Skryber

Quote from: DigiCorn on June 26, 2019, 12:46:56 PM
I usually open the swatch in Photoshop, and then let PS decide the best match.

I do the same thing. It always works out better that the online converters. I'll have to see if this one comes up with the same results as Photoshop.
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Foozball

Quote from: Diddler on June 27, 2019, 07:50:52 PM
Here's another option. Helpful for matching colours across different mediums etc.

http://www.perbang.dk/rgb/F7E654/

Nice link - saved for the next time we get into the "What are the process values, for that PMS, once it's converted to HEX color?"  :shoots_self: 
I times of desperation, crap like this buys me time to try and find the person who knows what they are doing!  :banghead:

Rodi

I learned to open photoshop and write the lab numbers down, then ditch em and put em back in. Only issue is I often use Maximum K to force QR Codes and crap process items to K, so I gotta remember to put back to sheetfed. LOL, I also have to check total ink as I do 260 total for the envelope client in house.
Gabba Gabba Hey