News:

Main Menu

SUCKS

Started by WharfRat, December 17, 2012, 08:22:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frailer

Problem is, prepress fixes others' laziness, hence most of our problems. We get a repeat-the-theme 56 pager, around 30/year. Just finished delivering whinge to the next 'higher-up'... "We better tell 'em we don't mind processing the (literally) 20 Indy docs on these off the FTP, and putting the jigsaw together each time; but before proofs leave the building we need to see the client-generated lasers so we can do a page flow check".   :banghead:
The person responsible? Cosy job, no consequences, runs on rails like she always did, oh, yeah, probably lazy...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

abc

If you use the action 'Set trim and bleedbox to marks' first to the the boxes correctly, and then use the action 'remove printer marks' it works as intended.

:banana:

WharfRat

Thanks,
  I will try it out.

MSD

WharfRat

Do you think that would be a good practice before every - remove printer marx action?
How about if that move was added to the remove marx action?

MSD

abc

now you are just being lazy    :lmao:

Seriously though you could easily make a quickrun out of it and combine the two actions or even just make one action as well if you wanted to.

It really depends on your workflow and how your company works, personally for me it would make sense.

t-pat

I add a "remove printer's marks" action to some saved Design Layout Templates I've saved. I have one that removes marks, resets trim box and media box, then adds marks. One click and done.
vdp donkey
gmc inspire • sarcasm while you wait