Adobe CC 2015 released

Started by wonderings, June 16, 2015, 09:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andyfest

Quote from: Joe on June 18, 2015, 12:35:03 AM10.2 is InDesign CC 2014 which I think requires OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, or 10.10. I can open it and save you a .idml file if that will help.

The latest InDesign is 11.0 which is CC 2015 and requires OS X 10.9, or 10.10. (Or the upcoming OS X 10.11)
Really???? WTF Apple? :shoots_self:
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Joe

Quote from: andyfest on June 18, 2015, 12:37:28 PM
Quote from: Joe on June 18, 2015, 12:35:03 AM10.2 is InDesign CC 2014 which I think requires OS X 10.7, 10.8, 10.9, or 10.10. I can open it and save you a .idml file if that will help.

The latest InDesign is 11.0 which is CC 2015 and requires OS X 10.9, or 10.10. (Or the upcoming OS X 10.11)

Yes...El Capitan
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Farabomb

Windows calls them service packs.

Apple calls them new OSes.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Grimace

Well, crap. I wish to knew pay attention to the update button thing, I just clicked the update from Creative Cloud window and went about my business, I haven't seen a don't delete button before. Never needed it, old versions just stayed. Well, any ideas on how to get the old version back? Aside from using time machine that is, I'm not sure I want to go there yet.

I did find the Page Thumbnail option in Acro, but it was a long search. I still have Acro 11 with Pitstop, so, I'm fine there.

Grimace

Well, now, duh.
I always thought that Time Machine was a system wide restore. It will restore single folders without changing anything else though.
I got my old version of Indy back. I'm happy, but feel pretty foolish...

frailer

Quote from: Joe on June 18, 2015, 12:42:19 PM

Yes...El Capitan
Why the Yellowstone backdrop? Shouldn't there be pirates?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Quote from: frailer on June 18, 2015, 05:59:01 PM

Yes...El Capitan

I had to manually insert Yosemite Sam into my desktop background so I assume you'll have to do the same with the pirates for OS X 10.11. :rotf:

Farabomb

Use Keira Knightly.  :wink:
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

wonderings

Quote from: frailer on June 18, 2015, 05:59:01 PM

Yes...El Capitan

El Capitan is a giant rock face in Yosemite. Terrible name, when I first saw it I thought it was a joke till they explained it. Still think it is a terrible name.

DigiCorn

I sort of grew up (after about age 7-8) about an hour or so from Yosemite. I've been there dozens of times. Sierra OnLine (later Sierra Entertainment, and now just Sierra) used to use Half Dome as their logo. The wife is pissed because she's never been. I drover her through once, but she doesn't seem to remember.

http://www.sierra.com/

You'd remember them for Leisure Suit Larry, Police Quest, Kings Quest and Space Quest.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Quote from: DigiCorn on June 20, 2015, 01:02:59 AMI sort of grew up (after about age 7-8) about an hour or so from Yosemite. I've been there dozens of times. Sierra OnLine (later Sierra Entertainment, and now just Sierra) used to use Half Dome as their logo. The wife is pissed because she's never been. I drover her through once, but she doesn't seem to remember.

http://www.sierra.com/

You'd remember them for Leisure Suit Larry, Police Quest, Kings Quest and Space Quest.

My favorite was Codename - ICEMAN.

You can download it here (and other old games): Codename - ICEMAN

Slappy

Quote from: Grimace on June 18, 2015, 01:53:16 PMWell, now, duh.
I always thought that Time Machine was a system wide restore. It will restore single folders without changing anything else though.
I got my old version of Indy back. I'm happy, but feel pretty foolish...
I had read that if the previous CC version(s) were deleted upon installing the new one, all it takes is a re-DL from Adobe of the 2014 Version. You still own it & it's there, just go get it back. I've got one machine right now that support the latest & greatest so I think I'll install Monday but definitely be telling it to Keep Previous.

We're already getting jobs in the new one, not surprisingly. What did set me back was getting files from a client in the am, needed them to Package & resubmit and within the space of a few hours the 2nd upload from them was the new InDesign! Luckily the Package function automatically does an IDML.
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

frailer

Early Adoption is a recognised disease.

Daughter's BF had to have the new (for here) Foxtel box (iQ3?). Complete effin' dog. Am going to the PO as soon as I'm outa here to pick up a parcel for my wife. Been asked to also take back the iQ3 for return. 

Seems my daughter chewed chunks out of a call-centre person; they shipped an old one back.

Who needs family comedy shows; got it live in our living room.    :rotf:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

pspdfppdfxhd

I think when I have the time i'll get the last version of Acrobat before DC or my gray hair will fall out  soon.

:drunk3: