Licensing update issue

Started by frailer, May 09, 2017, 07:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

I just had a PDF open, going over changes with a client when it disappeared. I thought it crashed, for a moment, but instead, the damn Adobe Software License Agreement shit kid pops up. WHAT THE SHIT!!! Inconvenient and embarrassing. I "agreed" but had to go re-open my document and start over. SUPER LAME. Especially since I am on a full-year subscription, paid up front... to exactly avoid this scenario!!!

I said to myself: Self, how did I get here... I paid on cyber monday, so I would not be interrupted with payment and license problems on a regular basis. So, what the fuck just went wrong. Oh yeah, then I opened InDesign and was greeted with the same thing. Do I need to go launch all of my Adobe apps, so I don't get kicked off a project to hit the Accept button? /rant
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Farabomb

You didn't buy anything, you rented it. It's getting all too common and if it breaks or stops working you get to fight with the company that already has your money so they have little interest in fixing your problem.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         â€”Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

If you log in under the little icon in your menu it should keep you logged in for all apps.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DPSprint

Quote from: Joe on May 22, 2017, 12:22:55 PMIf you log in under the little icon in your menu it should keep you logged in for all apps.
...and i have found that occasionally you just seem to get logged out... logging back in fixes that. No idea why but it just seems to happen.

Joe

Quote from: DPSprint on May 22, 2017, 01:24:55 PM
Quote from: Joe on May 22, 2017, 12:22:55 PMIf you log in under the little icon in your menu it should keep you logged in for all apps.
...and i have found that occasionally you just seem to get logged out... logging back in fixes that. No idea why but it just seems to happen.

Same here. Just Adobe making sure we are still alive I think.

DPSprint

Quote from: Joe on May 22, 2017, 01:29:28 PM
Quote from: DPSprint on May 22, 2017, 01:24:55 PM

Same here. Just Adobe making sure we are still alive I think.
LOL probably!
Though i guess if we are still paying the bill each month we probably are

Joe

DPSprint

oh actually for CC ours is yearly as well, its pitstop that is monthly

Ear

Should. Key word.

It usually keeps me logged in but kicked me off and started bugging me, for reasons unknown. And I know I rent it, but I rented it in November, for an entire year, which means I do own it, temporarily.  I did pay the full price up front.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

Joe

Quote from: Ear on May 23, 2017, 04:35:12 PM
Should. Key word.

It usually keeps me logged in but kicked me off and started bugging me, for reasons unknown. And I know I rent it, but I rented it in November, for an entire year, which means I do own it, temporarily.  I did pay the full price up front.

One of my co-workers got logged out of that every night when she shut down the mac. The fix. Wiped out hard drive and fresh installed everything. :death:

frailer

We have 4 iMacs, 2 running 10.6.8, 2 running Sierra. The old ones we're using purely for Adobe apps while we 'transition'.

We're just now trying to download Acrobat Pro DC on my compadre's new one, based on the fact that 2 devices are allowed, therefore it shouldn't argue about the already installed-and-monitored applications running on the older Macs.

So, successfully logged in, and compadre started the download process. It's been sitting showing this for around 30 mins.

I guess wait and see overnight. I suspect Adobe doesn't like something, but being the monopoly they are now, can't be bothered telling us what the issue is.  :shrug:

A further question... on the old ones, running 10.6.8, we're having trouble launching Adobe Application Manager. Been a while sice we ever had to bother.

But, if we can't launch it, how do we De-activate the one(s) we're currently using?
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Joe

Well I'm not sure what to make of your situation because #1 you can't run the latest version of Creative Cloud including Acrobat DC on OS X 10.6.8 and #2 a current CC subscription will only allow you to use the latest version plus one version before that which is Creative Cloud CC 2015 I think. So I'm not sure how Adobe's servers will try to handle the very old version on one Mac and the latest version on the new Mac.

frailer

Yeah it's all a bit of a soup.  I've sent queries to our IT guy.

After showing nothing for 90 minutes, the downloader has started; showing 7%, and 24.5 hours to go...
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman

Joe

Definitely a S-L-O-W connection.

frailer

After around 18 hours, I think we have a stall problem.