Kodak Sonora Process Free Plates

Started by Holsinger60, February 17, 2021, 02:54:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holsinger60

Anyone have any experience with these? Head guy is wanting to discuss switching from our Fuji plates. Personally, we don't have many problems with the Fuji plates we're using and not really interested in opening up a whole new set of issues by switching. Curious as to others who have experience with Kodak Process Free ones though.TYI.

scottrsimons

We been wanting to switch too, but the Kodak plates have too light of an image for our auto loaders on our KBA presses for them to work. That's the only issue that I know of here. We have tried the first and second gen of the Sonora plates.
"Your superior intellect is no match for our puny weapons!" - Homer J. Simpson

DigiCorn

Miserable experience with the image not staying fixed, and woefully inconsistent screening
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

DCurry

We used them without problems for 5 years. They will fade if left exposed to light for too long. Only reason we stopped using them was we got a better deal on Heidelberg plates.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

born2print

Our Fuji processless plates do not tolerate light either.
How will I laugh tomorrow...
when I can't even smile today?