News:

Main Menu

Pantone 7666c

Started by Chilbear, August 23, 2012, 06:45:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chilbear

Hey happy prepressers. I have a corporate client using 7666c "freely" in a file printing CMYK and need clarification before stepping onto a landmine.
I have CS5 only they have 6. Can anyone with CS6 tell me the CMYK values you see for PMS 7666C.
This way I can make sure the "correct" values will be used. I have no plans to upgrade since all files are coming as PDFs now. Just protecting the behind so to speak.

Santa

Lammy

I notices the CS6 suite comes with the Pantone+ set as the default. You may want to get yourself a newer swatchbook or look into if they have the Plus Library for CS5.
Lammy ~ Everyone says a monkey can do it, but no one ever asks the monkey!

72+ cases - wood & metal type & sorts • LInotype Model 31 • Hohner B tabletop • Golding #7 Jobber • ATF Little Giant • Heidelberg S Cylinder

beermonster

hey everyone - lammy's back! hi lammy!
Leave me here in my - stark raving sick sad little world

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Joe

Quote from: Joe on August 23, 2012, 09:39:47 AMPANTONE_pms_plus_forAdobeCreativeSuite_Mac

Hmmmm...installed on my iMac but not seeing the Pantone+ Library in my Adobe CS5.5 apps.

DigiCorn

Thanks, Joe. All our Pantone books stop at 7547.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Joe

Mine too. They should be designated as Pantone+ but I'm not seeing it.

Lammy

Do you have to import the library from the swatches pallet?

I've been "back". Was never really away just not able to get on and read posts every day. Now I've got the sites' RSS feed in my iMac's screensaver so at least I see some of the new posts.

72+ cases - wood & metal type & sorts • LInotype Model 31 • Hohner B tabletop • Golding #7 Jobber • ATF Little Giant • Heidelberg S Cylinder

Joe

It appears to get the libraries for the Adobe Apps, which were at one time free, are now $49.00. :sad:

Lammy

Wow that's really low. Bad enough they're going to be releasing paid updates once a year now but to have to pay for stuff like this too?  :hangme:

Farabomb

Joe got charged $5 for using the word Adobe.

Shit, now I just got charged.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

born2print

My lips are moving and the sound's coming out
The words are audible but I have my doubts
That you realize what has been said

Lammy

Chilbear

Thanks Santa and everyone - this is for my client who is still OS9 and Ragemaker wondering why colours do not match others. Duh - old fart he sure is.