Jobs Dead!?!

Started by Ear, October 05, 2011, 05:48:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ear

"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

G_Town

holy shit i just saw that to.

Ear

:shocked: :cry: :sad: The future is now more scary than ever... Doomed.
"... profile says he's a seven-foot tall ex-basketball pro, Hindu guru drag queen alien." ~Jet Black

delooch

Ear

Quote from: delooch on October 05, 2011, 05:56:57 PMwhat will the apple masses do??

Lower our standards, I guess...  :rolleyes:

gnubler

Wow, kinda shocked but now dreading the media blitz and soon to come memorials from the Mac cult.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

Farabomb

iPhone 4s sucks and jobs kicks the bucket.

Important enough to interrupt my dinner at peter lugers.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

Joe

WOW...that is sad but not unexpected. :cry:

You knew iDied would soon follow iQuit. :smiley:

I don't think Apple will be the same. :undecided:
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

hotmetal

It is very hard to replace a brillilant, charasmatic leader like Steve Jobs.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

gnubler

Everybody's gotta die sometime.   :sad:
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

frailer

Quote from: Joe on October 05, 2011, 06:30:55 PMWOW...that is sad but not unexpected. :cry:

You knew iDied would soon follow iQuit. :smiley:

I don't think Apple will be the same. :undecided:

Agreed.  Quite a guy.    :sad:   The drop in share price will be some measure of how his importance is assessed. But he was a big part of the Apple entity in most peoples' minds.   :undecided:
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.

Sabrina The Turd Polisher

Ambidextrous, Double-jointed Prepress Slave
We all have issues. The only people that don't are the dead ones. ©2011 Joe  |  doomed ©2011 david

Skryber

Wow, actually I wasn't expecting that. He JUST stepped down. I thought he had a lot longer.  :cry:
Rampage 11.1 • Preps 5.32 • Fuji Film Sabre P-9600 CTP Platesetter with inline FLP 1260 processor • Rampage •  ManRoland PECOM using CIP3 data • HP DesignJet 5500 42" 6/C • Epson Stylus Pro 9880 • Xerox Docucolor 8000 with Fiery • Mutoh ValueJet 1604 • Océ Arizona 250 GT • Océ Arizona 365 GT • Onyx Production House/THRIVE • ManRoland 700 5/c + coat and 2/3 perfect • and a coupla' Heidelbergs and other stuff

Joe

Quote from: Skryber on October 05, 2011, 09:00:10 PMWow, actually I wasn't expecting that. He JUST stepped down. I thought he had a lot longer.  :cry:

I had a feeling when he stepped down that he had already heard his future. He was skinny as hell at the last appearance before stepping down.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

frailer

With Joe on that. Turns out he had pancreatic C for around 8 years. Liver transplant. My memory form when I was in the trade is that 8 years is way up the right end of the bell curve. He did well, but then it woulda been no expense spared. 
Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.