Prinergy 9 Catalina and Big Sur macOS11

Started by Joe, October 21, 2020, 08:29:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DCurry

Quote from: RMPrepress on October 21, 2020, 09:47:19 AM
I made a Workshop Client suggestion to Michael at Kodak via the GUA...any one here agree with it...
I agree with this idea. A couple years ago I tried to roll my own by adding it as an App shortcut via the Mac's Keyboard control panel but it didn't work. I've added my own custom shortcuts to other programs over the years but I guess Prinergy just ignores them.

Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DCurry

Holy crap - I just tried it again and it worked this time! I'm running Workshop 8.4 and Mac OS 10.13.3. I made mine Command-Shift-O but you can make it whatever you want as long as it is not already in use.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

DCurry

Here's a screenshot of the Control Panel:

RMPrepress

Great idea! Going to give it a try sometime today...BUT a button would be better at the top of the workshop window right beside the History button, labeled Job Folder....very simple.
Lets see if Kodak does anything...but we wont hold our breath thats for sure.
Manager/Default IT Guy - 2022 Mac Studio, Apple M1 Max, 64 GB - Ventura 13.6
Kodak Prinergy 10.0, Kodak Insite 9.5 and Kodak Proofing System 10.0
Epson SureColor P9000 w/XRite Spectroproofer - G7 Master Printer
Heidelberg Prinect 2022 + Suprasetter 106 CTP

RMPrepress

Success!!  Just had to reboot Workshop for it to work.

Joe

Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

DCurry

I posted a screenshot of the "Keyboard" Control panel - open it up, go to Shortcuts, select App Shortcuts, click the Plus button and navigate to wherever your Workshop app lives. Then you have to type in the menu item exactly as it appears and then you just assign the key combo you want for a shortcut.

I have also added them for Create New Imposition and Edit Job Attributes because I use them a lot. I can't wait til my coworkers catch a glimpse of me using the shortcut and wondering WTF I did!

Joe

BINGO! Works great. Thanks. However I tried it for Create New Imposition and Edit Job Attributes but they aren't showing up or working anywhere for me. the shortcuts I tried were Command+Shift I and Command+Shift E.

DCurry

You have to include the "..." In the case of Edit Job Attributes there is a space before them so include that as well.

Joe

And that does work. Create New Imposition has to have the 3 dots as well but without a space before it.

You win the weekly prize here this week. (which is our adulation for 7 days)

RMPrepress

I can't wait til my coworkers catch a glimpse of me using the shortcut and wondering WTF I did!
[/quote]

Same here, although I wanna scream when i am working over an operators shoulder on something and I see them using the mouse for everything and not the keyboard commands that are available. :banghead:
Its like Learn the keyboard commands please...other than the File Open and Save commands.

Joe

I think I am the only one that uses keyboard commands in Workshop. And it is very frustrating trying to show someone something while they are fumbling around with the mouse.

I notice the keyboard command for opening the job folder still has the same 5-10 second delay before it opens. >:( I hate that delay in Workshop so much!