Mass Preps Template Editing

Started by johnny_jay, November 13, 2013, 02:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnny_jay

I recently found that when switching over to Preps 6 from 5 a text mark we use no longer works as we need it to. A Mistake by me, I put $JOBNAME instead of $[JOBNAME].

I found that I can open the preps template file in TextEdit and do a find and replace to replace all instances of this text.

Save the document, reopen in preps and all is fixed.
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert

David

Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

DCurry

Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Fontaholic

If only the rest of Preps were this easy!   :undecided:

Cheers, John the Fontaholic

David

it is easy... just push the right button, all done!
Livin' la Vida Loca

Farabomb

I have no issue with preps 5. Preps 6 made my ass pucker as soon as I loaded up the demo.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

Quote from: Farabomb on November 14, 2013, 09:34:24 AMI have no issue with preps 5. Preps 6 made my ass pucker as soon as I loaded up the demo.
yeah, but once you learn 6, you'll never go back
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

"Selling my soul would be a lot easier if I could just find it."
– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

Farabomb

That's what I heard but I'm pretty sure that requires a HW upgrade and a EVO upgrade. With the current state of this place, that's not happening.
Speed doesn't kill, rapidly becoming stationary is the problem

I'd rather have stories told than be telling stories of what I could have done.

Quote from: Ear on April 06, 2016, 11:54:16 AM
Quote from: Farabomb on April 06, 2016, 11:39:41 AMIt's more like grip, grip, grip, noise, then spin and 2 feet in and feel shame.
I once knew a plus-sized girl and this pretty much describes teh secks. :rotf:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
         —Benjamin Franklin

My other job

DigiCorn

I think it's about $600-800 for the software upgrade, but don't quote me on that. Not sure about the EVO, because we run preps independently.

We had a dongle issue conflict on our old PowerMac's OS, and I complained and complained and Kodak upgraded us for free. Well, first we tried a FLIM, but it only worked slightly better. Then they upgraded us and the problem went away.
"There's been a lot of research recently on how hard it is to dislodge an impression once it's been implanted in someone's mind. (This is why political attack ads don't have to be true to be effective. The other side can point out their inaccuracies, but the voter's mind privileges the memory of the original accusation, which was juicier than any counterargument ever could be.)"
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut."
― Ernest Hemingway

David

preps 6 needs 10.6 or higher, and Intel to run, or a PC with Win 7, I have it on my Mac and my PC here.
Livin' la Vida Loca

DigiCorn

Preps 6 needs 10.6 on an Intel Mac? I don't think so. I was running it on a PowerPC Mac 10.5.8 before I got my Intel Mac earlier this year.
― Johnny Carson

– Nikki Sixx

― Ernest Hemingway

David

you are correct, it will run on 10.5. I just checked the documentation.
I was told by the "people", that it needed 10.6 or greater to run, and I believed them.

go figure
Livin' la Vida Loca

Joe

Quote from: johnny_jay on November 13, 2013, 02:51:04 PMI recently found that when switching over to Preps 6 from 5 a text mark we use no longer works as we need it to. A Mistake by me, I put $JOBNAME instead of $[JOBNAME].

I found that I can open the preps template file in TextEdit and do a find and replace to replace all instances of this text.

Save the document, reopen in preps and all is fixed.

You can also use Text Wrangler and do the search and replace on a whole folder full of templates without even opening the files.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

johnny_jay

Quote from: Joe on November 14, 2013, 07:25:16 PMYou can also use Text Wrangler and do the search and replace on a whole folder full of templates without even opening the files.

SWEET!!!
Kodak Prinergy and InSite
Preps
Epson P7000 driven by Fiery XF
Screen 16000N
Screen R36000ZX
3 web presses, 1 sheetfed press
G7 Expert