Main Menu

HELP PLEASE

Started by prepressure, September 03, 2009, 12:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prepressure

"Delta Tower:error during delta tower configuration"
PLEASE GUYS HELP i keep receiving this error
i checked all my cables,speedway cable and scsi cable but all keeps fine
a dont have any idea what cousing this error.
always when i restart RIP ore delta tower this messeage apears and then i should
restart imagesetter from begining aint no other :embarrassed: :embarrassed:
HEIDLEBER LINOTYPE HELL,Delta tower

DigitalCrapShoveler

I haven't used Delta for over 10 years. Sounds like you got some corruption of Delta's configuration files. That or Delta's not seeing/recognizing them. You do have it backed up, no?
Member #285 - Civilian

David

seems you had this issue before, did Mark's answer not help?

Quote from: Mark TonkThis can be many things. The easiest to check is your imagesetter completely booted before turning Delta on. If it is, then it could bad the RABO board, a cable or a drive. If you are in the States, you can call Heidelberg service at 800-437-7788.

Regards,

Mark

https://www.b4print.com/heidelberg/delta-towererror-during-delta-tower-configuration/
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gworks

Hi there from New Zealand. We've been getting this same error on and off over a number of months. It was on a second-hand Delta tower we had purchased. Because the problem was so intermittent we have had a very hard time trying to diagnose the cause. In our case, it was an incorrectly configured hard drive inside the tower, and the registry in Windows NT had not been updated correctly to let the Delta software "see" the drive correctly.

We spoke to a very helpful guy from Heidelberg who told us that:

1. The SCSI HD should be a Seagate, no larger than 9GB and jumper-set to ID:1

2. Termination power on the drive should be jumpered so that it is getting power from the SCSI bus and NOT the drive.

3. See attached pic for the registry settings.

This worked for us, I hope it helps anyone else out there, as it was such a hair-pulling exercise.

gworks

Sorry, first pic again.

frailer

Welcome to the forum gworks. And greetings from across the ditch...

Forgotten good guys: Dennis Ritchie, Burrell Smith, Bill Atkinson, Richard Stallman
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now just an honorary member.