News:

Main Menu

REQ: Simplify a PDF

Started by Slappy, February 01, 2018, 09:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slappy

Short story: I have a set of PDFs with an INSANE amount of vector objects in them & they're failing at XMF. Badly. I haven't installed the latest Pitstop with the "Remove Unnecessary Objects" or whatever. Can somebody run these through & bounce me back some clean PDFs to try? There's 4 files, they're small enough to email or I can Dropbox 'em too.

Only other option is to rasterize them all, and that's just SO wrong. Gracias!
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

Joe

I'll be glad to give them a whirl but I won't be to work for another hour and a half. If no one has helped by then I will give it a try. Joe at b4print dot com.
Mac OS Sonoma 14.2.1 (c) | (retired)

The seven ages of man: spills, drills, thrills, bills, ills, pills and wills.

Slappy

I'll go ahead & send 'em, guess nobody else loves me today.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:
A little diddie 'bout black 'n cyan...two reflective colors doin' the best they can.

DCurry

I've got Pitstop Pro 13.2 and I don't see the action/global you're referring to, otherwise I'd help.
Prinect • Signa Station • XMPie

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a night. But set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life!

Slappy

Maybe I'm thinking of the "PDF Geomapper technology" but I guess that only removes objects totally unnecessary to RIP. May be boned here.

Tracy

I have the remove irrelevant objects action
I will do it can you link the file or PM me the file?

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on February 01, 2018, 11:15:30 AMI'll go ahead & send 'em, guess nobody else loves me today.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Didn't get an email.

Tracy

I just Pm'd you the files, Im having some troubles with em

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on February 01, 2018, 11:55:14 AM
Quote from: Slappy on February 01, 2018, 11:15:30 AMI'll go ahead & send 'em, guess nobody else loves me today.  :cry:  :cry:  :cry:

Didn't get an email.
Huh, check Spam? I sent around 12:15.

Tracy

Joe has the Files, If anybody can do it It will be Joe!

My Acro is crashing with the files, I will see what XMF does

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on February 01, 2018, 11:59:39 AM
Quote from: Joe on February 01, 2018, 11:55:14 AM

Didn't get an email.
Huh, check Spam? I sent around 12:15.

Tracy sent me the link.

Here is what is in my spam box. I think you may be having email troubles with this and the thing from PackZ. :)

andyfest

Quote from: Tracy on February 01, 2018, 12:01:22 PMJoe has the Files, If anybody can do it It will be Joe!

My Acro is crashing with the files, I will see what XMF does
Can you send me the link Tracey?
Retired - CS6 on my 2012 gen MacBook Pro

Joe

Well bless that designers little heart for creating those 999 trillion vector lines! >:(

An action list has been processing for a while now. Will it get done today?

Slappy

Quote from: Joe on February 01, 2018, 12:17:50 PMWell bless that designers little heart for creating those 999 trillion vector lines! >:(

I'm thinking - not. It's a right bastard. I'm pulling them apart & rasterizing just the "wave" parts as best I can just in case.

Joe

Quote from: Slappy on February 01, 2018, 12:48:22 PM
Quote from: Joe on February 01, 2018, 12:17:50 PMWell bless that designers little heart for creating those 999 trillion vector lines! >:(

I'm thinking - not. It's a right bastard. I'm pulling them apart & rasterizing just the "wave" parts as best I can just in case.

Yeah it eventually locked up Acrobat. I was just going to suggest exactly what you are doing. Later this evening I am going to try putting them straight through Prinergy. I have to wait until everyone else is gone though since it will probably bring Prinergy down too.