Adobe Illustrator is evil

Started by gnubler, April 09, 2009, 11:10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotmetal

Quote from: delooch on April 13, 2009, 04:47:27 PMMy pathfinder pallet would sometimes position itself off of the desktop. i dont know how, but when it went missing, id resize my desktop to a higher resolution, and there it would be, floating off by itself..

I dont think selecting "workspaces > Default" reset it back to where it was supposed to be either..

I noticed some of this behavior too, I just ignored it, adapted, got the work done, and forgot all about it. Strange things are, indeed, afoot. But nothing even remotely as insane as the disasterous 1997 release of Quark 4.0!
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." ...
Hunter S. Thompson

gnubler

Illy CS1 doesn't have Workspaces. Another "feature".
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

ratintrap

David

another thing I found...

are you running any anti-virus software?

disable it and see if that doesn't help.

I'm still searching for anything else.

BBS
Prepress guy - Retired - Working from home
Livin' la Vida Loca

gnubler

Quote from: david on April 14, 2009, 06:52:45 AManother thing I found...

are you running any anti-virus software?

disable it and see if that doesn't help.

I'm still searching for anything else.

BBS

Sigh. Why the hell would AV software affect Adobe's palettes?  :banghead:  We'll try that.
Hicks • Cross • Carlin • Kinison • Parker • Stone •  Colbert • Hedberg • Stanhope • Burr

"As much as I'd like your guns I prefer your buns." - The G

Quote from: pspdfppdfx on December 06, 2012, 05:03:51 PM
So,  :drunk3: i send the job to the rip with live transparecy (v 1.7 or whatever) and it craps out with a memory error.

Member #14 • Size 5 • PH8 Unit 7 • Paranoid Misanthropic Doomsayer • Printing & Drinking Since 1998 • doomed ©2011 david

ratintrap

Maybe Adobe is in the virus business. :shocked: :lipsrsealed:

David

I'm finding some "creative" solutions out there, some make sense, some don't.
It's just that you've apparently tried a buttload of the normal stuff, now for something unconventional.

ya never know...

:kiss:
Livin' la Vida Loca

youston

Quote from: ratintrap on April 14, 2009, 10:07:36 AMMaybe Adobe is in the virus business. :shocked: :lipsrsealed:

Maybe Adobe IS the virus.  :shocked:

David

ewww

get it off, get it off, get it off!

:wink:
Livin' la Vida Loca